Would you date me if my heart was with another girl?

How do I explain to a girl that I'm interested in that I like her, but my heart is still with my girlfriend who tragically died two months ago? Would you still go out with me?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can keep someone in your heart forever. If you still have strong feelings for her it might make it difficut to have feelings for the other girl. Why not just start as friends and see what happens. Honestly if a man told me his heart was still for his girlfriend that passed away I would tell him that now is not the time to date. When he can get over her emotionally but still keep in his heart maybe then I would date him.

What Girls Said 7

• No one can compete with a memory. With her death being so soon, I would advise to give it some time, let yourself grieve properly, rather than trying to hide old memories behind new ones. It will just ending up hurt both you and this girl you are interesting in. I would be willing to get to know you, become your acquaintance, and perhaps eventually your friend, but nothing romantic would occur until I knew you could look in my eyes and not wish they were hers. So sorry for your loss.

• i would wait a little bit until you get over your girlfriends death. I don't mean like completely get over it, because well, that's kinda impossible.. well I know that I wouldn't get over my bf's death... and like maybe hang out with her a little more, but not like boyfriend and gf. just maybe text her more, and if you do get the chance to, just be like "heyyy, I do like you, its just that with my gf's death, and I still have feelings for her..." or something like thatt. hope this helped! :)

• You need to go on with your life because I am sure that is what your girlfriend who passed away would have wanted. It is a very short time since she passed away. You should let the other girl know your feelings about her & what happened to your gf. It takes time for the heart to heal & if this girl has good qualities, she'll give you the support you need during this time. The time you spend together will tell you both whether your going to bond or not. Do yourself a favor & do not compare your deceased girlfriend to this one, it wouldn't be fair to her. Girls, women are like apples compared to oranges. We're all different & have our own personalities & traits.

• Not a chance in hell. I would always be second best, when you have your partner took away from you like that they will always be on a pedestal and noone will ever compare. And I would never compete with a dead woman. This probably sounds cruel but I'm not going to pussyfoot round it. 2 months is way too soon to start dating again anyway, a girl is asking for trouble if she gets involved.

• probably not, because you need to get over the death of your last girlfriend first. sorry but it seems the new girl will only be a rebound to you, which is usually bad for both people.

• Nope. Before I go out with you, I need to make sure that you're over your old gf. I know you'll always love her and will never forget her, but it's just wasting my time to go out with a guy who isn't emotionally available.

• Just be honest with her, tell her how you feel

Personally I wouldn't go out with a guy who's heart was with someone else. I don't like playing second fiddle to anyone

What Guys Said 0