Do you agree with this saying?

" Men fall in love with women, women fall in love with status/security "

Most Helpful Girl

• Not even the tiniest bit.

• why? that's how it is in reality, sure there are exceptions but thats how most cases are

• reality... can't you read?

• what evidence? any relationship ever... I would say, across the board, that is true... from what I have seen and experienced.

Most Helpful Guy

• Agree wholeheartedly.

What Girls Said 6

• LOL what
    Do people actually believe this shit?

This is so stupid I don't even know how to respond to it.

• its not stupid, its truth

• no, it isn't. you're obviously spending time with the wrong women if you think it is.

• I'm not spending time with any woman. Over mt pinioned is unbiased when i at it's true

• That's ridiculous. I hate these posts that target a particular gender. You see like 10 a day and that's just pathetic. Way to make all women look bad

• No, I do not. I see people as individuals and prefer to get to know someone.

• Nah... That'd be like saying "Wonen fall in love with men, men only care about locking down hot tits and ass."

• A lot of women don't give a flying fuck about status/security. Maybe this was the case 50 years ago but times have changed.

• your too young to know. without exception every woman I have dated and the woman I was married to for 25 years, expressed the need to feel safe as the over-riding issue in a relationship.

• it isn't the only reason they stay with a man. but it seems to be the primary thing they look for. from my point of view anyway.

• Not at all.

• why not? It's very evident in day to day life

What Guys Said 9

• Alright, let's take this misconception out:
    Without defining status any further and more precisely, it refers to one's appearance : Beautiful people will attract more people than plain-looking people, hence beautiful peoples' status is higher.

Both, a handsome man, and a beautiful women, have a high status. (Exempting the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", there are definite standards for beauty)
    You first crush on a person because of their looks, then anything else will follow. This goes for both genders. We are all looking for healthy and good genes after all.

• * refers to one's appearance in the first place. Attractive people are more likely to be hired, especially when they are relatively tall ( for the men), they have higher self-confidence ( believing in oneself and keeping a positive mind-set does wonders for your career), they get more social contacts - networking is crucial in the business world. -> status in terms of wealth / money / power, etc.

• Not completely true. Women desire status and security but do not necessarily love them. Men desire power and sex but do not necessarily love those. Sometimes people get married because they like spending time together.

• No I believe both genders view love the same way.

• If it were true poor people wouldn't have girlfriends or get married.

• poor guys usually get poorer girls, to those girls they're still higher status

• status and security varies by your social standings m8

• exactly so even poor girls look for guys better off than themselves. Women don't fall in love with MEN, they fall in love with what that man can provide for them

• 100% True...

• Nope. I don't agree.

• Agree with saying "you can't spell phaggot without OP"

• yeah pretty much. girls usually dont care much about the guy until a few months in

• Unfortunately it seems that way. Women seem to like guys for what they can do for her and not for who they are as a person. That's why guys always have to change who they are to be able to get girls interested.