Would you consider dating someone overcoming an eating disorder?

Unfortunately I am working on overcoming anorexia and so I am underweight which affects my self esteem in regards to societal judgments as well as dating! Its not like I don't eat at all, just sometimes not enough. So I just wanted to know if a guy would even consider getting involved with someone that has some eating issues. I am working at it though! The last guy didn't seem to mind.. but I don't see how people can't tell. Its pretty obvious, I think.

Anyways, what do you say. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• My honest answer it would depend on how physically attracted I am to her. I've seen some Twiggy looking girls who were still very attractive but I would consider them just too darn skinny. If the opportunity arose where I got the chance to know her a little bit and she told me she's recovering from anorexia well that would explain why she's looking like a famine victim. If while looking emaciated she still looked attractive, I would excuse the temporary look and give things a chance until I hear the hated words, "I just want to be friends.", then she would be abandoned to starve or eat by herself.

• Cool. thanks. I'm definitely still attractive even being skinny and I dress very fashionable, people normally think I'm a model... p.s. you made me chuckle

• Thanks, I'm glad I did. :-) I wasn't trying to be mean just candid.

What Guys Said 5

• Going to be honest, it probably would be a dealbreaker for me. But don't let my opinion on the matter discourage you.

• i like a girl who can eat, I always feel so awkward sitting there eating massive ammounts of food while a girl is eating an apple or something. it wouldn't even cross my mind to rule a girl out because she has an eating disorder but I would do everything I could to help her and get her to eat more. it affects your self esteem because your underweight so think of it this way, the more you eat the better you will feel, I think you will be fine just don't let others opinions and views on you affect you, not even me. keep your head up and get some support from friends or family, good luck and don't stop eating! (:

• Awwww :) thank you very much! :) It is something that I am working hard at it.

• As long as you're working on it and serious about getting completely well, then who am I to judge?

• Did you consult to the doctor for it?If not then don't call it disorder.

Well,same with me too but I manage to shape up things and never mind of such problem.

It overcomes by time.And start thinking positively for it.

Thnx

• You can have a disorder w/o having a doctor's "ok" to have the disorder. Kind of silly to tell someone NOT to call it a disorder when people know what's wrong with them more so than doctor's do.

• You didn't answer my question. I didn't ask for help on my struggle. You have no idea what I have been through... and actually its a "mental disease." Not trying to be rude. I'm a very sweet , POSITIVE, person. Glad to hear you overcame it, as I will too. :)

• Sorry but you didn't cleared about mental disease and disorder is somewhat below than a disease.

Still I'm a human,can make mistakes.

Sorry

• Of course. =] that's not stopping me from dating a girl that I like.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

What Girls Said 0