Guys, is a guy leading you on if he won't text you a lot?

Went on a date with this guy a month ago. We have been texting a little and he had to rain check our last date a couple weeks ago due to work. I asked him bluntly if I was chasing a done deal. He said no he was still interested and that he has been told by women he is terrible at dating because he doesn't text a lot. Is there such a thing? Or is my gut correct?

I told him I was not meaning to come off like the usual chick and text a lot. I understand there are better things to do than text and trying to understand the no small talk. Told him I was going to give him space and let him breath. I am busy but I text him because the first interest he showed is not what is happening now so I do what girls do best-get inside our heads. We'll see. Fingers crossed because I like him (probably shouldn't have said that to him with the usual chick comment)

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys don't really like texting, so if he's not texting a lot, it's just his way of showing you that he's not desperate. And more importantly, he told you he's not good at texting and that's what he's doing. It's not a surprise if he does exactly what he's telling you, so don't treat it like that. I have a bad habit where I never finish a meal when I go out to eat in a restaurant. I usually tell girls ahead of time so they don't feel like I don't eating with them or that I hated the food. I can't control how a girl is really going to react when I follow through and don't finish. The same is with this guy. So take his words at face value for now and work though it.

What Guys Said 5

• That's funny, I have almost the same problem, except reverse. You guys should probs check it out and help me (hint hint)
    And yeah, sometimes I won't text too much. I'll either spend hours of thinking of what to say or just don't feel like replying, and will eventually get to them until they get back to me

• Perhaps he's just busy or isn't really into texting. Guys aren't as much into texting as girls.

• I wouldn't consider texting as a decisive thing to discover if a guy is leading you on or not.

• Well I'm a terrible texted myself half the time so it's not unheard of.

• Sounds like he's busy. Something you should be doing too. We like when the girl is unavailable, it's more attractive