Is it a date, if he says it isn't a date?

I'm 25 and work with a guy who is 24 (whom I have a crush on). He knows that I don't drink. My other co-workers have spent the summer trying to talk me into going to the bar, which I refuse to do.

The other day, the guy asked me if I'd go to a certain bar with him some time and said "It'd be super casual, not a date or anything. You could have a Coke and we'd play pool." I declined because I refuse to go to the bar.

Now my friends are all saying that I blew it and that he was most definitely asking me on a date because he said that it wouldn't be a date.

So, my question is... Was he asking me on a date? If so, why did he bother saying that it wouldn't be a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• The main concern here is why is all your co-workers okay with shitting where they eat?

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly nowadays it's so hard to tell so i understand why you're wondering. if it's just u and him and it feels like a date and he starts flirting a lot than yes it's a date

What Guys Said 2

• I just consider a date a date if both people know it's a date. If it were a date, he should've said it. Perhaps he was considering it a date, but he can't blame you at all because he didn't say so.

• It isn't a date.

What Girls Said 0