He said "I love you" and I replied "me too" is that wrong?

I have never said "I love you" to a guy before and he kind of caught me off guard and now looking back I feel as though responding "me too" can be seen as an incorrect way to respond. He didn't say anything about it but I can't stop thinking about it. Am over analyzing it? Is "me too" really not a good way to respond?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry, just tell him you love him next time you have a chance. Being caught off guard, I would have probably said "WHAT?" and totally scared him away, screwing it up completely.

What Guys Said 11

• Don't worry about that response - Think about it and if you feel same way next time it comes up tell him properly.

• It sounds pretty normal to me, especially if you really feel the same about him.

• I doubt its what he wanted to hear. If you throw something like that out there then he probably needs a bit more. he's not gonna tell you it hurt him this early but it probably did.

• It means He loves him too.

You: I love you
    Me: Me too (I love me too)

• well "i love you to" would have been better but ur likely fine, just next time u have a good time say it right

• just explain saying the actual words is difficult. be like "i do to, just saying the words is hard"

unless you dont love him. in which case tell him you're not ready for that yet.

• It's like: yeah me too, I also love me.

• YES THAT IS WRONG

I would have took that the wrong way

• You love yourself. Okay.

He probably wanted to hear you say "I love you too"

Damn, you're a narcissist

• u blew it. but don't worry, u can make up for it next time, if u mean it.

• I duno, "me too" could mean "I love me too!" lol

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he took it to mean that you love you too and he just thought you were brushing him aside :P