Girls, would you consider seriously dating a bisexual guy?

I'm bisexual and have more or less accepted it. I find both guys and girls sexually attractive but I am emotionally attracted to women and seeking a real long term relationship with one, but am worried that few (if any) girls would be interested in anything serious knowing my orientation. I don't want to start out a relationship dishonestly, but my experience suggests that women seeking something long-term much prefer someone who is "purely" straight so I may be wasting my time. What do you think?

• Absolutely
    35% (19)
  • Sure because I'm bisexual too
    19% (10)
  • Yes, but I'd be worried about him cheating
    7% (4)
  • Maybe (haven't given it much thought)
    15% (8)
  • No way
    24% (13)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

19

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly speaking, I have no problem with gay or bi people. That's their decision and I respect it but relationship wise I could not be with a man who likes both male and female (especially if he was sexually active with a male before). The reason why is because God forbid he ever cheats (not saying he will, but with this day and age its more likely than not) I dont want to have to compete with another man! Thats actually one of my fears (Falling in love with a man who is gay) Plus knowing he's had sex with a man is a real huge turn off completely (I wouldn't want to be sexual active with him if I found out he was with a man).

• I appreciate your candor-- & I have a feeling many girls would have similar fears, which is something I can respect even if it means they wouldn't date me.

• But if you are bi why do you care if a girl will want you if you can be with a man?

What Girls Said 18

• I would treat it the same way as if I were dating a straight guy. Don't check out guys or girls in front of me. Don't cheat. Cuddle with me. Feed me animal crackers. Same relationship.

• It doesn't matter in the slightest... at least not to me? I mean, bisexual doesn't by any means = potential cheater. If you're in a relationship with someone, why should they worry about that? Chances of you cheating or becoming interested in someone else aren't any bigger or smaller than if you were straight... If anything, props to you for being honest with yourself!

• You just have to find someone that is more open-minded than others. Women find it worrisome because they're worried about bisexual men cheating on them with other men. It's been put into there heads that being cheated on with another man is worse and embarrassing, yet "purely" straight men cheat as well. To me gender is the same as age, neither matter when it comes to relationships and love.

• I hate when people do that though like I enever get it from guys (bc straight guys really love to fetishize female bisexuality), but gay girls get so like grossed out by bi girls it's ridiculous and really disheartening..

• I don't care who you're attracted to as long as you're able to be loyal to me while we're dating.

• I'd be fine with it. :T

• Why wouldn't I? if we like each other and agree to be together I know he's into me, not another man or woman. I'm bisexual and it doesn't bother my boyfriend at all.

• Im more open to dating an open biguy than a man who has same sex relations and lies about his orientation. those are the guys who are untrustworthy.

• I'd rather not.

• I definitely would date a bi guy...
    It has always been a dream of mine...
    I don't know why it just has...

• I'm currently dating one and it doesn't bother me.

• Yeah, I wouldn't have an issue with it.

• Nope, never

• as long as he tells me from the beggining i will be fine with it

• Not my thing..

• no I wouldn't date a guy that was bisexual that like both guys and girls that would make me feel unconfertable

• Good luck with that one

• Honestly, I don't care if you're straight or bi. If I'm attracted to you, I'll date you. Plus, honestly, I find the bi thing sexy. ;)