Girls, have you ever been attracted to that type of guy?

Have you ever been attacted to guy who is not handsome (average at best), but has many attractive things like: great style, personality, confidence, charisma etc?

Can those qualities overcome being physically unattractive? Please be honest as hell and give examples from your real life (yours or your friends).

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this type of guy has a very high chance getting a date if he is at least average looking and not ugly.

What Girls Said 9

• yes. You know the feeling when you just 'clicked' after some talk then fell for each other. Everything else didn't matter and all i think was I wanted to know him more. I was happy when I was with him and didn't care about his looks and he was the same with me (hope so) :)

• I'm prefer average guys. They usually have more charm, charisma and personality in comparison to attractive guys. Which helps with having chemistry. Some attractive people can have under developed personalities due to not having to try as hard in many aspects of life.

• I've been atttracted to plenty of men who are not traditionally good looking. Like, I can tell looking at George Clooney that MOST women are going to find him hot, and my boyfriend is not that kind of good looking, but I'd take my boyfriend over a Clooney look-alike any day. I don't think I could forge a relationship with a man I found genuinely unattractive, regardless of delightful he is, but beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

• I think?
    This is my friends' most used comment when I show them my crush, "Complicated Soul, you don't have good taste in guys."

I don't know why they don't find my crush cute.

😐

• Ok. More details please! :D

• More on the crush?

His front tooth was kind of "weird," not the best haircut, etc.

He played soccer, was super nice, smart, kind of shy.

• Yes... Of course I have been.

• Ok. Nice. Can you give more details? Especially you're my favourite user from GAG, so I would like to know your point of view

• Yeah, because you always answer my questions. I'm anonymous user from Poland ;)

The rest guys you were attracted to - they were usually hot guys?

• Yes, but not because I planned on it, they approached me and turned out to be really cool and also had charisma. That is very important. =)
      Also a good sense of humor.

Cool, Poland.

• Yeah I definitely have. Like @complicated_soul said, my friends are always reacting with "Seriously, that guy?" and it sometimes isn't even just about their personalities. Even if they may not be conventionally attractive I get attracted by some other aspect like the way he carries himself.
    I think (and I'm sure everybody has experienced this at least once in their lives) people whom you love spending time with become more physically attractive over time.

• Yes I have...
    Many times I had huge crushes on guys with awesome personalities...

• My boyfriend is that way, he's a great guy, his personality is what gets me.

• Yes of course! Looks are not everything. I'm actually a little leary of extremely good looking guys. I probably wouldn't seriously date one because they are usually full of themselves and are players.