Do you ever feel confused about what consent means and what constitutes consent?

There is a lot of debate about the issue of consent. There has also been many campaings to shape this debate including slogans like Consent is Sexy and Yes means Yes.

My question is do you ever feel confused about what EXACTLY consent means in this context and what constitutes consent and what does not?

• Yes, I feel confused about the exact meaning of consent.
  • I feel like I have a grasp of the concept but I am not completely sure what constitutes consent and what does not.
  • No, I am completely confident in my understanding of the meaning of consent and it is the same as the legal definition.
  • I feel like I have a good definition of what exactly consent means but it differs from the legal definition.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude. Really. If you can't work consent into the conversation without it being awkward, I hate to tell you but you are shite at dirty talk.

• I am definitely shite at dirty talk.

• Honey, it's pretty simple. Don't know if someone wants to have sex with you? Ask them.

• I would obviously though I'm not the biggest problem. Tbh, I've no intention of having sex or a relationship anytime soon.

What Girls Said 2

• No. O. o
    I completely understand it.

I feel like those who say they don't are looking for any excuse to rape someone.
    Or are really stupid.

• Well I'm not looking to rape someone and I'm pretty sure I'm not stupid.
      There is a constant debate about it so that must be a lot of rapists and stupid people (though granted there is a lot of both).

When I was growing up, it was No means No and that made perfect sense. Now there is a Yes means Yes law and plenty of guys have mocked it. Apparently there is an app where "both participants are encouraged to record video memos, naming themselves, the date, time and place they’ve given sexual consent, logging it for seven years in the event that one of them finds themselves accused of non-consensual behaviour afterwards."

www.theguardian.com/.../sure-sex-affirmative-consent-apps-yes-mean-yes

• How do you not know the difference between yes and no?

• I do. It's not that simple unfortunately. If it was, it wouldn't be debated constantly and there wouldn't be loads of campaigns about it. Don't pretend the issue is that simple.

• The only reason it's debated is because people want to make it more complicated than it really is.

Does the person you want to have sec with say yes or no when you engadge in sexual acts? That's a pretty easy question.

• I doubt it's debated because some just want to be awkward.

Most people don't raise the question afaik.
      Correct me if I'm wrong but girls prefer confidence and a guy who takes the initiative.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes means no. Maybe means no. No means maybe.

• I voted C - I always try to make sure there are no doubts about consent