Why am I so unlucky in love?

Just yesterday I have posted a take which suggested what a wonderful romantic life I have, and today all that romanticism goes down the hill. I know this is more bitching than asking, but I just thought maybe I will receive some empathy. To put it shortly my boyfriend whom I only met recently decided that from now on we will only have unprotected sex. Of course I told him there will be no chance in hell for that, and tried every humanly possible logical explanation, even those charms I was talking about. Nothing can make him change his mind. He does not want to produce evidence he is healthy, does not want to use protection and told me I should just take his word for it. This hurts me deeply, but I guess the only option is to dump him. He was everything I was looking for in a person, perfect for me and I was perfect for him, but since he has decided to ruin it and that is final, I guess I have to chose between being a miserable heart broken healthy person, or an infected person, because honestly, what else could you think if your boyfriend insist on having strictly unprotected sex and refuses to produce any evidence and that is final. I choose the lesser evil, which is being a healthy miserable single person. Now excuse me while I cry.

Okay, as an update, after the scene he made, I tried to save the relationship, did not have sex of course but I was considering taking pep pills. I tend to think he is negative, but even if he is not he may be on antiretroviral pills, and since antiretroviral treatment minimizes the numbers of the viruses, it makes you less likely to infect other people. So if I would use pep pills would it make me safe?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would break up with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry to hear it man. That must be really tough, but hopefully you'll find a more considerate guy. Or enjoy single life.

What Girls Said 1

• Why won't he get tested? Does he have hiv?

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, you did the right thing. I can understand, I hope you are okay.

• Heartbroken, but trying to cope with it. I hope he will find it in his heart to forgive me and accept me as a friend. I have stated it clearly when we met that self preservstion is important to me. So sad he can not comply with that.

• Yes, it is sad. I do understand and why I said you did the right thing is because he doesn't seem to respect you and your wishes and seems to pressurize you, which can never happen if the person truly cares about you and loves you, where there is love there will be respect, there can never be any force or pressure, no disrespect is possible if there is love and moreover there is no point in being in a relationship where you have no respect or if there is a lack of respect. Hence you did the right thing. Stay strong.