I'm 17 and the guy I started too see is 20. is that weird? Is he to old for me?

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 years is perfectly normal where I am from. For some reason the US is more uptight about it.

Though avoid sending nudes or else the guy could get law-issues for having child-porn.

• I'm from Canada actually.. ! :P

• Then dunno how things are in Canada, but my points still stand. If you get physical you might also want to give him the safety of a written consent form just in case your parents might not approve of him and get mad. Where I am from 17yrs with 20 years wouldn't be considered having sex with a child, because of the low age difference, but in many places it seems to be not the case.

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm i don't think it's that weird i mean it's more about maturity and how you guys connect. i thinking it's strange to some people just due to the fact that you're not 18 but a 3 year age difference is really not that bad

What Guys Said 8

• The lowest socially accepted age for the younger of two people in a romantic relationship is given by the following rule:

[age of the older partner ÷ 2] + 7 years

For your case:

[ 20 ÷ 2 ] + 7 years = 17 years old

Your good to go by this estimation.

• Against the law but who follows those anyways

• ehhhhhhh kind of but only cus your under 18

• I think it is okay

• yeah ... He is,,,, But em Not...
    Can Be Friends... My User Name samikhanzsk

• too old? he's only 3 years older than u -_-

• On a personal level it doesn't sound all that weird to me. I've known many people with much larger age gaps. But legally if your relationship moves into a sexual encounter then yeah he's legally too old for you.

• In the U. S., he'd go to jail for rape if you two had sex

• Not all US states put the age of consent at 18. By far the more common age of consent is 16. As always, know the law in your area.

What Girls Said 5

• Haha, not at all. As long as he's not old enough to be your father it's not a big deal, and if you two don't look like you're that far apart, it isn't a big deal. And even if you do or it is weird who cares. It's your love life. Your business.

• Age is just a number. What about his personality? If you like him then it shouldn't matter.

• It's perfect age gap

• nope perfectly normal

• these questions are getting soo annoying.. its a fine age gap.