Should I break it off now or give him a chance to explain himself and try again?

I started dating a guy earlier this month. He seemed really nice, he always texted me good morning and goodnight, he always complemented me, always responded to my texts, and always seemed like he was willing to hangout anytime he was avalible even during the day. He would even take me on ice cream dates after work, seeing as some nights I have to work past 10. Overall a nice guy, better than the one I dated before. he also seemed really up front about everything. My friend had told me before I started dating him she thought he was not that great. But on our first date he knew how my friend felt and addressed the issues she had raised. tonight my friend texted me telling me that she thought he might be seeing his ex. This was a girl he dated through out high school but they had broken up by the time they graduated. She told me how she had seen him hanging out with her a lot. And that she had heard him say he was single. Which even though we aren't official boyfriend and girlfriend we have went out on several dates and we talk/text everyday. When it gets to that point you shouldn't be talking to anyone else and you're not exactly single anymore. My friend's friend had asked his ex if she was dating him and she said no they weren't dating and that she knows about me. The only thing I knew as far as him seeing his ex was that he told me one night she came over for a short time and left because she was having issues at home and that they weren't not alone his roommate was also there. I'm going to meet with this guy tomorrow and have him tell his side. I'm not going to compete with someone else for a guy. As far as I'm concerned if he wants to date me he needs to stop hanging out with his ex. However part of me feels like I shouldn't even give him that option, that I should just cut ties with him now. Is it possible he could just view hanging out with his ex as hanging out with an friend? I'm going to let him explain himself before I make a decision. He seemed nice it would be disappointing if he turns out to be a player.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people do not start hanging out with an ex for the purpose of maintaining a friendship.

Most Helpful Girl

• We all deserve second chances

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know what to say im here for the girls who are bored and looking for sth to do :D im on Skype naked youssef. ale

What Girls Said 1

• You have no facts just he said she said. Listen to the man.