How to let a guy know I'm interested?

There is this guy and I really like him. I know he is interested in me so I try to let him know the feelings are being reciprocated by smiling and maintaining eye contact with him. Problem is we don't see each other outside of church so I don't have much opportunities to talk to him, even when he are in church I only see him briefly. Apparently I haven't given him the extra push he needs to talk to me (it's either that or he has a girlfriend or something). I don't know what else to do, the things I've done just come naturally. I want to initiate a conversation but I have no idea what to talk about in the short time we see each other. Another thing is he's leaving for college pretty soon and I don't like not becoming friends with him before he leaves. Any ideas? Thanks for answering!

And I also want to add that whenever I like someone, I don't do anything and nothing happens. I'm tired of this happening. Also, is it still worth it to be friends with him even though he's leaving town for school? I will be leaving too, somewhere farther away.

What Guys Said 1

• Ask him if he'd like to go out sometime. You're another that expects us to read your mind or signals. Short answer is we don't and can't. Speak up

What Girls Said 1

• You should talk to him.