Would you feel embarrassed being with someone unattractive?

If your girlfriend or boyfriend were unattractive, would you feel embarrassed to be seen with them?

This isn't a question on morals or how you shouldn't feel embarrassed. Answer completely honestly -- even if you chose to ignore your embarrassment, would you feel it at least a tiny bit, at least at the beginning?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I was married to a girl who was cute and fit when we got together. We went everywhere together. She ended up getting fat and ugly. I wouldn't be seen in public with her if I could help it and when we did go out anywhere I pretended she was just my roommate. I finally divorced the pig and now I am dating a girl with one of the hottest bodies and most attractive faces I have seen. I used to cheat on the ex and I couldn't imagine cheating on the girl I am with now

• Woah, lol.
      Well, I guess when you get married you have to specify that she has to stay fit. I plan on making it a rule for both my future husband and I: if one of us gets lazy and fat, we will divorce.

• You are a horrible person.

• Haha. Well horrible I might be but I'm fit happy and love my life. Sorry I can't say the same for you because you are too busy making excuses and trying to find someone to accept you for the beautiful person inside. Wake up people. Fat had unhealthy will NEVER equal happy. No matter how much to try to convince yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't see myself choosing to date someone who I think would be so unattractive to the point that I'd be concerned about others seeing us together, or knowing we're an item.
    Deny it all you want, but a big part of who you are interested in dating is based on physical appearance. Sure, a good personality is important as well but if that's all they're giving you, wouldn't that just make them a friend?

If I felt embarrassed about being seen with a guy, I wouldn't become any more than friends with him. I've never had that sort of experience. The most similar I've had was going out with my boyfriend who's a little shorter than me when we first got together. I always worried others would look at us weird for that reason, or more so that older Asian individuals would disapprove of him being with a white girl. In any case, I got over that. Now, if I think someone is giving us a weird look for whatever reason, it's more like a 'fuck yeah I'm with him.'

What Guys Said 13

• I could see it being a little uncomfortable, since who you date does add to your social status among your friends and family. I've never had that problem personally, but if you really love someone, you'll get over it.

• I wouldn't be ashamed about having a 'moped'.
    Nobody should!

• I wouldn't be with someone I find unattractive, I tried once and it didn't work... it was pretty bad for sex.

• I don't care about a girl's looks it's a great personality within her is what I'm seeking
    if a guy/ girl can't accept their partners looks than they are shallow.

• If by unattractive, you mean ugly, hideous, repulsive, then yes, at least a little, and at the start.

If by unattractive, you mean not hot, like average, just not super super attractive, then no, I wouldn't be embarrassed at all

• If I found them unattractive, why would I even be dating them?

• I wouldn't date someone that I was not physically attracted to in the first place.

• I wouldn't date someone I wasn't attracted to.

• Why would you commit yourself to someone you're not attracted to? Faulty Logic.

• no not at all mine is attractive so there is no problem anyway

• yes, a person shou. d feel embarrassed.

• Absolutely not. I don't care what other people think.

• Call me shallow but it needs to be the whole complete package. Attracted to looks AND attracted to personality and don't forget compatible

What Girls Said 8

• I said no, but now that I think about it there was a time when I would've said yes. My first crush was pretty unattractive as compared to current standards. He was fat, pale, and was kind of emo. But, I was crazy over him. I let what other people thought of him keep me from telling him my feelings, and I knew he liked me. Now I could care less what other people think because he was one of the handful of guys I've met who truly cared about me and could've grown to love me. So, I don't care anymore what others think of my guy because of him, and wouldn't be embarrassed today.

• I wouldn't be with someone I personally find unattractive anyways. If I found him attractive, but society wouldn't see him the same way, I wouldn't give a fuck, it wouldn't bother me. What matters to me is that I'm attracted to him. It could even be good in a way, since nobody would try to steal him from me 😛

• I've been with guys that aren't so attractive but personality means WAY MORE to me than looks! like when the guy is sweet and treats you like a princess and looks over your flaws you look over his too. People have said "how did you get a girl like her?" or people ask me"why are you with him?". I simply just say cause he treats me the way I'm supposed to be treated. ;)
    p. s attractiveness isn't just looks it's also personality :)

• I think I'd probably be oblivious. If I'm dating him, I think he's hot, so I wouldn't understand why other people didn't think so.

• No, I don't.
    Anyone who feels uncomfortable being seen with average looking people/partner-- are shallow.

• I wouldn't date someone I wasn't physically attracted to. This question is redundant.

• No, because I do not care what other people think.

• I'm confused by your question. People rarely or never date someone that they're not attracted to.