Met someone on a dating site... safe to meet him?

Met him on POF, he's a bit older, we talk on the phone and Skype a lot.
I am a complete virgin, not had my first kiss, h's slept with some previous girlfriends. We're both average looking but he's definitely had/ kissed some above average girls, so I guess that raises pressure and makes me feel insecure. We've spoken for about 2 months, is it completely stupid to meet up with him? We have said that the first time will just be an icebreaker, see how we are around each other.

I realise how naive and innocent I sound in this, and it seems like he's using me, but this is just an overview, ask more and I'll answer if feel comfortable about to. Thanks

• meet up
  • don't meet up

Most Helpful Guy

• POF is a hookup site, I used to use it as did guys I worked with, it was just scoping out naive girls to bang. You should probably avoid.

Most Helpful Girl

• I said don't do it but if you really like the guy and really want to meet him make sure it's daytime and somewhere very public. Just watch out ok. There are some weird people out there. Best of luck to you!

What Guys Said 4

• You want take the chance of meeting, just be careful
    my cousin did that and this guy tried raping her she had
    to fight him off you better look into the guy before you take
    that chance just take some advice of what the others are
    telling you it's a big chance you take them dating sites can
    be dangerous with criminals on there ,

• hmm, I have looked into him, I know some of his friends too, he's from a town that I used to live in in fact, so I pretty much know the area he lives in, his workplaces etc...

people here are getting the impression I know nothing about him

but thanks :)

• Yeah good luck :) :D

• don't do it baby girl, are you sure you can find somebody your own age.. I just think that he's looking to take advantage of a sweet innocent girl who is still a virgin, besides there are many stories of online dating going wrong and don't be one of those take care of yourself

• if u really want so yh go ahead and meet him up, you get me fam?

• Depends but I don't trust in this dating sites at all. Better to met person face to face!

What Girls Said 2

• DON'T BE ANOTHER STUPID TEEN THAT GETS MURDERED.

DON'T MEET UP.

• If you MUST meet up do so at a mall or coffee shop during the day

• we're both from strict backgrounds and can't risk people seeing us...

• Unless you wanna end up on the news. Dont go!