Why do I feel like I have to lose weight to get a good guy?

I'm not complaining, and don't get me wrong, I get dates and stuff, but the guys are complete slime balls. They just end up being with me just to get sex and I never get respected. They cheat on me and then get with a skinny chick, even one of my exes sent me a pic randomly of his new girlfriend and she's thin and I know he did that to throw it in my face. I do respect myself as in I leave the situation but I feel like I have to change myself physically just to get an ounce of respect from a guy. I know girls who are thin have the same issues but its like they have a better chance than i do of finding a guy worthwhile.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's because thinner healthy weight girls do have a better chance. If you take care of yourself, men will notice... and the same is true for men as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately skinny chicks get cheated on and have problems finding a decent guys.

You don't need a perfect body to find a good man. You need to good and interesting person to find a good man.

Beauty is only skin deep. If you go after someone just because they beautiful but don't have anything to talk about, it's going to get boring fast. You want to look beyond the surface and see if you can have fun or if you have anything in common with this person.

What Guys Said 7

• Obviously, you will attract more guys if you make yourself more "attractive!"

• society has fucked you up my dear

• Yup pretty much.

• its never a nice thing, but most of the time its the guy not you. You should never change for anyone. Patience is key to finding the right guy

• if you feel that then do it fam, you get me fam?

• Because no guy like em fat lol

• The same reason women want men o be ripped, it's just how society pictures "perfectness"

What Girls Said 2

• No, don't think of it that way. If you do want to change, make sure you do it for yourself. You'll feel more accomplished when it's done that way. Also, I doubt there's an issue with your size. Generally, the modern expectation of photoshopped, size 0 beauty is exaggerated. If you think you're healthy, that's enough. Those guys just didn't know how to appreciate what they had. =)

• Being skinny has nothing to do with it at all in skinny and beautiful and guys have literally drug my face thought the dirt why I have no idea expect for I let them I guess so body has nothing to do with it Hun men just suck plan and simple