Is he trying to tell me he's too cheap to buy me dinner?

I'm going on a online dare tonight. The guy asked me to meet him at a pub near his place. He also said he was going to eat a bit before coming. Is he hinting that he doesn't want to buy me dinner? Should I go or is he just a cheap ass?

Most Helpful Guy

• He means you're meeting for drinks, that's all.

I agree with this - it's a lot harder to socialize and make a good impression when you're also starving and trying to eat dinner.

Much better to just have a few drinks, talk to each other, get to know each other, save dinner and the like for the future.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he isn't sure how well the date will go so he wants to keep it casually with just drinks instead of being stuck in a terrible dinner date.

What Guys Said 4

• he said he'll eat for himself... not dat he's not gonna buy u dinner... by the way did he promised he'd buy u dinner or u xept him to pay?

• You did mention it's a date with a guy online, he doesn't want you to think he's a guy who will give you a free meal whenever

• No, psh... I used to always take girls out I met on online dating to restaurants, but it's expensive and not worth it, why? It's a first date, I shouldn't spend a lot of money on a girl who I might never see again, it's expensive to keep going on dates with different girls over and over and buying them a meal. I do the same thing now, first date I go on I get drinks. If it goes farther from there, I'll buy the girl dinner. I'm not going to keep pouring out money for all these trainwrecks.

• Why is it his duty to feed you? Aren't you an independant woman?

What Girls Said 0