Why do some girls feel the need to play games?

Before I start i just want to say, I'm well aware that not all girls play games, and many guys are guilty of it too.

The reason Im asking is my ex and I broke up around 6 weeks ago, she said she needed time... anyway 3 weeks into the break up she started initiating contact, and found out I had been on a date with a girl, as friends. She got really jealous saying you took her to our place, you obviously didn't like me if you moved on that quick and asked if she was pretty. Anyway a week after that she text me saying she really misses me, wants to see me, can't belive she let me go etc... Silly me actualy sort of belived this, we sent a few texts to eachother over the next few days, and she said she had time too think and wants me etc... after that I thought and decied a few days later to ask her if she wanted to meet up and she excitedly said yes she would love to, and asked how I was, what I've been up to, seemed very intrested and keen. So I thought things were looking up, anyway a day later I asked her when she was next free to get together. No reply!! I gave her some space and left it thinking she would get back to me. Two weeks on and I caved, I asked her again if she wanted to meet up and do something. Again no reply! I can't see why she would show all that intrest then just ignore me?

So I kinda get it that she's obviously not intrested in me anymore, or at least at the moment, and was obviously playing games, the real question I want to know is why do that? I was doing well getting over her then she gave me faulse hope of seeing her again and I feel Im back to square one, and I want her more than ever now! Why play games like that? What does she hope to gain from telling me she misses me ect? any advice and oppinions would be great thanks for reading..

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it makes them feel confident and feel better about their self

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls play games women don't

What Girls Said 2

• Her pride and ego got hurt that is why she's taking revenge? Im not sure though

• I had a friend that went through something almost the same. After they have been broken up for awhile she would contact him 6months or 7months to see if had someone. And bring up all these old feelings but after she would block him and tell him she changed her mind. The last time sge did it she had a boyfriend that was living with her. It's a nind game to have control over that person to make sure they don't move on completely. And she can come back when she is done doing what she wants.

What Guys Said 1

• Who cares why she did it? Just date other women and don't let her trick you again.