Guys, so I am a mixed female. And my question to you white guys is, does a lighter complexion make it easier to approach a woman of color?

I have personally always struggled being around white guys because I just feel out of place. Now that I'm growing up a bit I don't feel that way as much but sometimes I still do. Is this something that's just in my head? Are most black girls just not attractive to white men? Help me out here 😊

7

Most Helpful Guy

• Its mostly in your head. The thing is most white guys think the same thing about black girls, that they would never be interested in them. The other issue is cultural, because to be honest there is a black culture and it is diffrent then "white" culture. Diffrent music, diffrent linguisticly etc. So that can be a bit intimidating for a guy. I would say be yourself be open and friendly and maybe if you like a guy be a little more obvious with your flirting just so he cannot mistake it for anything else and you'll be fine.

What Guys Said 6

• It's in your head and it might be in the head of white guys in a different way than you might think. If they find you attractive they may actually think that since you identify as black you won't want to go out with a white guy. I would have no problem dating a girl because she was black or in your case mixed.

• It comes down to the the preference of the guy, and the cultural aspect of who they are approaching. Similar cultures are naturally drawn together due to our basic instinctual psychology. It's called grouping. You see it in birds and various animals who cluster into different crowds based on their own view of protection and needs. The same is true of humans, that we see skin color as a marker for grouping. I'm speaking from a sociological aspect, but most races will group to their own race even if they don't like the people in that group. So to answer your question, on a statistical view, it is easier for white guys to approach other white girls. There is also a change from city to small town. I grew up in San Francisco, so having a lot of friends from other races was normal, so when I moved to a smaller state in high school, it was easier for me to make friends with people who were another race. There is no superior race or elevated people on this planet, we are all equal, but that does not make us the same, and I don't want to be the same. It's fine if you prefer to only date a certain race or not date a certain race, that's just a dating preference, doesn't make you racist. Only when you generalize a population in a negative way. Hope some of my opinion helped.

• I like all the skin colors except the yellow and red :D

• In my opinion it's maturity that counts in this. Sometimes I get uncomfortable being around different races due to ethnicity.

• I can see where you are coming from. But personally I grew up with an all white family and really don't know much about my black history. Does this make any difference?

• for example I don't get along well or feel comfortable with people my age. I only get along with older people and I've got my reasons for that. Maybe there is a reason with in you why specifically you feel out of place around white guys!

• I disagree too much fair skin is highly unattractive to most people. Sandy complexion is the best in my opinion.

• I'm asking more on the women of color side, like would you be more likely to go up to a mixed girl or a darker skin girl? Or does it matter?

• My answer is the same. I would not like to date a vampire nor i would like to date someone I can lose easily in the dark.

• That's fair! Lol I guess I just didn't understand. My bad!

• There may be some truth to it that lighter skinned may be approached more than darker, us White guys have different tastes in women anyway but don't think they are ugly