Guys, How do I get a guy im dating to trim his beard?

I'm dating a guy who is set on growing his beard really long. He has such a nice smile and I do like him with a beard but it's getting too long how do I get him to trim it? It's starting to turn me off a bit..
I'm not saying he should shave it I just thought it was sexy when it was shorter. How do I go about this?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• My sister in law had the same problem with my brother. He really liked to grow this beard and grow long hair. The way she solved it was that she stopped kissing him and eventually stopped sleeping with him until he cut it off. I saw him a few days after this conversation and he was almost bald. Ultimately, it's his choice whether or not he's going to cut it off. But you have a say in the relationship because you want him to look his best, as he would also expect you to look good for him. Remind him who puts on makeup, takes care of her hair, skin, and clothing options to make him happy. Talk to him and communicate what you want and what you need or he isn't going to understand. I would shave if my girlfriend asked me. (exception for the month of November)
    Fun fact: guys started going clean shaven since World War I because they needed the gas masks to fit around their face better. When they came back from the war, the women preferred a guy clean shaven so it's stuck ever since.

What Guys Said 13

• Talk to him, its not really any diffrent then anything else. You say what you think about it. He will decide what he wants but at least he has your imput on the subject.

• Show it this:

Facial hair is riddled with bacteria which may spread germs and trigger infections
    www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...ions-experts-claim.html

• Say (in an offhand way) "I think you look good, but you looked SEXY with a shorter beard." Or words to that effect. It wouldn't be hard, in my humble opinion.

• I keep a short beard, if iI decided to grow it longer and my girlfriend told me that she didn't like the idea I'd totally understand, just be honest with him. It's what relationships are all about.

• You don't lol.

• Jeez it's hard to imagine but bear with me here for a second... maybe... maybe you could try... asking him to trim his beard?

• Tell him that you like it better if he shaves. But you have no right to force him, so leave it up to him.

• You don't.

• Ask him to shave

• Tell him exactly what you wrote, nice smile and would like to see it more

• You don't unless you wanna not see him anymore lol

• Tell him if you dont shave i won't shave :P

• You don't.