Girls, My ex texted me a picture of my cat?

Last night, around 3am, i got a text from my ex girlfriend. It was a picture of my cat, and the dumbest picture she took of him. I sent another picture of him to her, and she replied, "I miss him. I still have scars from him scratching me you know". Is there another meaning behind her missing my "cat", or does she actually miss the cat haha

3

Most Helpful Girl

• Even if she REALLY loved the cat, she probably wouldn't be texting you in the middle of the night about it. After my ex and I split, I would ask about his cats if we were already talking (and I really love cats), but would never text him out of the blue at 3 am to do so. I think she really was just lying in bed thinking of you late at night, and needed a "reason" to talk to you.

• Refer to other comment to @mooky06

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's a conversation starter. She says she misses the cat but it could have a double meaning, meaning, "she misses you" in general. No girl would stay up till 3am to just send "a cat picture" lol

• See, and this goes to both you & @CMeow. I realize she started the conversation with a nostalgic topic, my cat. We both played and he would sleep with us in bed, etc. However, i tried to do another, and she was very short about it.

• It sounds like she doesn't like bringing up certain events in the past with you. But I guess this cat symbolises a nice moment or time between the two of you which she misses.

• She just misses the cat...