First date - avoiding going out to eat?

Alright so I plan on hanging out with this girl, and I'm pretty sure we're gonna hit up the beach. Then after that I figured I'll take her mini golfing or something dumb like that. Thing is, I'm the type of weirdo who hates going out to eat, at least to a legit place and not some quick bite to eat type deal.

How can I go about avoiding this? I can bring food to the beach I guess? I really have no idea what she likes to eat though. I'd just really like to break the ice and get to know her before going out to eat if that makes any sense

Halp

Most Helpful Girl

• That makes complete sense to me. Eating though can be a social thing and a great way to get to know her. I like the idea of a picnic, the best thing you can do is just straight up ask her what type of food she likes. Surprise her with a picnic at the beach. It will be a great way to get a sense of her personality.

Another option is to just go to the beach, then mini golf as you planned. If everything goes well, then you can ask her if she'd like to go somewhere to eat (doesn't have to be a fancy sit down place). You can always take her to a fast food place on the beach, and I'm sure she will love it either way.

One of my most favourite dates was when my boyfriend and I went walking along the board walk at the beach. We held hands the entire time and just talked. It was just so romantic, I just love that we got to have that experience. It didn't cost us anything and it was nice to have that time alone to just get to know each other.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need food on a date, lol. Just stop for an ice cream or get a coffee, something where it's a light snack with a non-committal amount of time.

• I mean you spend 3 hours on a beach, an hour or so mini golfing you're gonna get hungry no?

• @Asker - I was on a date about a month ago with a girl. We went to the beach, walked around there for about an hour, then we went into a small tourist town near the beach and ordered a pizza each. The pizza sucked and the place was horrible, but still she was happy about the date. The food doesn't mean anything. If she turns you down because she doesn't like the food, then she isn't the girl for you anyway.

• More that she lives about an hour and a half away, you're right though.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe go out for ice cream in between the beach and mini golf. If nothing else, you could maybe pack sandwiches or something to take to the beach with you. Just make sure you talk to her first about her food preferences and any allergies/sensitivities she may have. Coming from a picky eater, I'd go crazy if my date brought a sandwich for me with mayo on it (which I hate) lol.

• Just grab some fish and chips before you head to the beach, you can't go wrong with that. Whatever you get, get her the exact same thing. And you guys can chill and eat at the beach. Take some chocolates aswell to snack around aswell.

• if you got no idea what to eat + not knowing what she likes, question her if she's hungry? practically ask her what she wants to eat.. or what she likes to eat, you start a conversation and even end up knowing where yous could eat ahah :)

What Guys Said 1

• I'm with you on this one. I HATE going on first dates which involve food. First dates make me nervous and when I'm nervous, I can't eat. You might want to suggest doing like a coffee/ice cream shop instead the first time.