Girls, Older ladies, would you casually date a man 10 years younger and if so what would you look for in him?

I prefer older women because they tend to be better at communicating and as a man with a master's in communication, that is one of my standards.

An older woman directly said to me I don't date younger men. It made me wonder whether or not I was miscommunicating or maybe I just wasn't her preference.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I typically go for older men, but I would consider dating a man younger than myself if he were mature, confident and could communicate well with me. I tend not to relate well to most men younger or my age even. That being said, there are always exceptions to the rule and I would never turn someone down based solely on their age. Older is simply a preference. It is not set in stone.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I'm not going to generalise here, but I too usually prefer guys older than me or at least around my age. I feel like I'm quite mature for my age anyway, and I'd like a guy who has his sh*t together- usually that's the older guys.

Also, considering my age, dating 10 years younger than me means dating an 8 year old... No thanks pedobear

1|0
    0|0
  • 10 years younger than me... would be a 13 year olds.. So, no, I don't date kids lol.

I have dated 19 year old guys though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a pedobear. Not into 14 years old kiddos.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure you'll find plenty of women who'd like a younger partner, but I prefer to date guys my own age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually it is a maturity thing, but if you are mature then she might just be using that as a blow off. I mean I think 20 vs 30 could be hard but like 25 and 35 isn't too bad. Some women might also worry about their friends making fun of her, but that is her own insecurity if she likes you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't consider someone 10 years younger than me because I'm not a pedophile. Was this question specifically for 28+?

0|0
    0|0
  • 10 years younger than me would be 9 years old. So no no thank you

0|0
    0|0
  • i have dated several boys 10 years younger. i don't care as long as they're my type.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if you get on with someone age shouldn't matter, as long as they are not younger than 18

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer younger guys

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people can think of it as 'wrong' to have that big of an age gap. Also a stereotype is that the guy has to be older than the girl. These ways of thinking are unfair because so long as both people love each other, age has no say. Keep looking. There are certain women who would be flattered at a younger guy being interested in them. Also, when in doubt, call it "hanging out". There are SOOO Manny fewer steriotypes that way.

0|0
    0|0