Girls, Do Brazilian girls date white American guys?

I'm considering taking a temporary (2-year) work assignment in Brazil, but I'm wondering how Americans are received by Brazilian women. I know the two cultures are very different, like Brazilians are a lot more gregarious than Americans in general. Do Brazilain women date white American guys? In some countries we're seen as unwelcome outsiders, but I'm not sure about Brazil. Are white guys more popular among one ethnic in comparison to another there?

Are there any Brazilian girls on this site who can give me some insight into how white American guys are perceived there?
I guess that Brazilian girls are into white guys just the same as any other. Any thoughts on American guys in general?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• For what I see, Americans are welcomed in Brazil. I don't know if this information is useful, but once I saw on TV two Brazilian women whose husbands were American.
    And I also can think about two famous couples composed by Brazilian women and American men.

• I'm sure a lot of women would date Tom Brady for the money if nothing else, but I'm not going to be so lucky lol.

• Cool. I know Brazil is very mixed race, but some Latin and black people consider 'whiteness' to be a negative thing.

• Yes, it really is. And that's what makes their country interesting! I would like to visit it someday.
      I think they don't consider "whiteness" a negative thing. But, they have some racial issues.

What Girls Said 5

• Umm it depends. When I was their most brazilian girls seem not to be interested in gringoes. They were more like a novelty then someone they would date.

• What was your experience that made you draw that conclusion? My thing is that Brazil is very mixed-race, and they seem to culturally venerate the Latin and black influences. I'm neither. I'm a brown-haired, blue-eyed Slavic-American guy, so there's nothing Afro-Latin about me.

• I'm Brazilian and Brazilian girls do date white guys. My aunty is married to a white guy so don't worry you will be received well haha

• You're their meal ticket out of brazil

• LOL I said "date," not marry.

• I know a lot of guys *say* things like that about Brazil, but I'm skeptical because so many guys like to make themselves out to be something they're not on the internet. I've known one Brazilian girl during college, and she told me that a lot of the sex stories foreign guys tell about Brazil are just fantasies. She said that Brazilian girls are pretty picky like American girls, and that their culture is very body-focused, i. e. if you aren't in great shape girls will ignore you.

• I'm sure they would want to talk to you to learn English..

• A friend of mine is Brazilian and she would, but she doesn't live in Brazil anymore though

• Trust me, Brazilian girls are just like ANY OTHER GIRLS ANYWHERE accept the fact that they're in Brazil. Brazilian women will date people of European decent.