Girls, Is it really wrong that we look at CERTAIN women as trophies? Or do you secretly like it?

Many of you have used the word "objectify". I'm sorry you feel that way. But the truth is, there is nothing you can do to change that. It is what it is.

9

Most Helpful Girl

• To me, being called a 'trophy' is bothersome as it seems more like someone saying I'm a great catch because of my appearance. Which sure, is nice, but I'd hope that there's more to me in my boyfriend's opinion as well as others that is beneficial than simply looking good. Be it my personality, how I treat him and get along with others, my schooling, job, etc..

What Girls Said 8

• i dislike... no scratch that.
    i HATE men who objectify women, ok? not. cool.
    it makes him a jerk and it's an instant turn off.

• I would like to have the kind of looks where I am thought of as a trophy, but I wouldn't actually want to be with a man who thought of me as a trophy. It's one thing for him to be proud of me when he introduces me to family and friends (certainly that's how I feel about him) but I don't want to be his object, stuck up on a pedestal.

• I used to like it when i was younger but it starts to get annoying after a while!

• I don't know, it's that thing where if you're the trophy, or you have the characteristics of that trophy you don't mind but if you aren't then it offends you. But who cares, I think people are way too sensitive, like for instance I'm a dark skinned girl, and I think some of us are beautiful, but I don't care if a guy says he prefers light skinned girls, that's his issue, not mine. So it just depends the girl.

• I avoid people like you.

• I hate to break it to you, but most if not all men think this way. Their just not as open about it, because of THIS type of reaction. What do you think weddings are for? To present your "trophy" to everyone, why do you think thewweddings all focus on the woman in white, why do you think traditional the father gives her away? THE WHOLE IDEA of a wedding is to present this woman " trophy" on how proud he is that he got one a TROPHY! ALL YOU BITCHES she be honored, not offended !

• sigh. Such heteronormative nonsense.

• Its a bit stupid when guys objectify women but in reality every woman wants the guy that they're dating to feel like they're lucky to have them and proud to be with them, it can be a good and bad thing at the same time

• Yeah its pretty horrible to look at someone like an object

• It is stupid and I find it childish.