Would you date someone who's REALLY into anime?

Just curious you know? Also why/not

• Fuck yea!
  • Yea? Be interesting I guess
  • Maybe
  • Um no
  • Definatly not!

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, personally i hate anime, i can't stand it. Literally everything about it annoys me from the shitty storylines to the shitty voice acting to the complete oversexualisation of it.

But, If she was into it, i guess it would be okay, but, as long as she didn't force it on me or anything.

• Main rules of anime:
      1.) Watch only Japanese dub English sub, unless you are watching black lagoon or hellsing ultimate.
      2.) Shitty storylines are everywhere, your claim as much sense as saying that "western music has crappy instruments".
      3.) Oversexualization is relevant only in ecchi and hentai; and not all anime features nor focuses on either fanservice nor porn. So that is just wrong.

• No, it's because you completely overlooked what I was trying to tell you. I wasn't trying to get you to watch anime. If you don't want to, that's fine.

• You basically just told me that i have never seen good anime. Which almost implies that i should watch some 'good anime'.

My point from the begining, Even in my original comment, I have nothing against over people liking anime, i just want nothing to do with it myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I already am dating someone super into anime, and I guess I'd say that I am too, so it's all cool :)

What Guys Said 18

• I watch a fair bit, but I don't ever go crazy for it, I just watch the ones with really nice complex and short plots. I find the fandom a bit too extreme for me... but that is me!

• Hell yeah! I'd watch it with them. I'm an anime addict too.

In fact I'd actually prefer that my partner be into anime, that way we can watch it together.

• If she is too obsessed or addicted to anime then probably not.

• depends. if you´re strange overall because of it, i won´t. but if you´re just normal and happen to love anime, i like it.

• Of course. Although not all anime is great. But I like the best of the best.

• It doesn't impact my decision much

• If she's okay with someone who lives video games then sure, why not.

• Only if she thinks Gohan becoming Super Saiyan level 2 is one of the best things to ever happen in an animé :P

• Sure why not

• It would be awesome!

• It would probably only work if the guy was just as into anime as you. Watch the same shows, same music, etc

• I <3 Anime... so gimme your number :D

• Yeah , i like anime :)

• Wish my girl was into it as much as I am, it would give us something more to talk about.

• i dont mind, i would date

• Totally would. I love anime.

• Anime is painful for me to watch / be around. It's the dumbest shit I've ever seen. But I also don't really do cartoons or anything either. Watching Family Guy is the closest I get to cartoon / Anime. All that Japanese anime crap just makes my brain want to fall out.

• "All western movies are sexist and have shitty storylines"

• I can't argue there man. It does seem like everything is the same, really batshit crazy, or just dumb/predictable. I don't like very many movies. I'll do YouTube short films here and there but otherwise I just work or do other shenanigans.

• No, I don't date weeaboo phaggots.

What Girls Said 20

• I'd rather not. I could deal with him watching it a bit, but being REALLY into it... that could be a deal-breaker.

• define REALLY.

• Maybe. Probably not, but it just depends. If they are so obsessed that it is all that they talk about and all they ever want to watch, I am out. Also, I would likely have a difficult time relating to someone who was that into anime. I find it annoying, personally.

• Of course I will, I love anime :)

• I wouldn't be really watching it but idc if they do as long as it doesn't get in the way of normal activities.

• I like anime but I rarely watch it now, and I'll only watch attack on titan. If they are so into anime to the point where everything is about anime than no. Even when I was into anime at 14(and younger) it was nice to chat about it but everything wasn't about anime to me.

• My boyfriend is more into manga than he is in anime. I also like manga and anime.

• Fuck yea! :)
    I watch anime too

• @mostnigqa808 will date you probably

• Yup, I don't mind at all

• I love anime as well, so... :p

• Well I'm REALLY into anime, so that's a bonus

• Yes, because I love anime myself.

• Probably not

• Considering I love anime um yeah

• Maybe. As long as he's into the good stuff and not the hentai-riddled and overhyped stuff.

• No, I'm not into that shit.

• Anime's for kids.

• I wod date someone that is into anime I'm bisexual.

• no not really
    anime is disgusting and portrays women like nothing more than sex toys

• Wtf kind of anime are you watching anyways?

• i dont watch anime at all... but I've seen stuff like that, seems like it's all like that

• Really it's not there are some that are, it's got it own genre (ecchi) but there are a lot of really awesome strong female characters out there an example would be mikasa from attack on titans she's 100% badass. And half the time when they do have sexualized women it's mostly for body humor, the Japanese are a lot more open sexually than most places. Also more recently they have been using males as a scores of body humor as well. So before you make an opinion on something you've never tried, ask someone, and they can probably recommend something to your taste as the anime spectrum is very broad. (I'd be happy to)