Girls, would you date someone less intelligent than you?

• Yes
    48% (26)
  • No
    52% (28)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

18

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah as long as he's not totally dumb.

What Girls Said 17

• He doesn't need to be more intelligent than me, but I do want to be someone who is intelligent.

My preference is for someone who is similar in intelligence to me. I don't want to be with someone who doesn't understand the things that I talk about, doesn't enjoy talking about more "academic" topics, etc. But on the other hand, I wouldn't want to be with someone who talked over my head. It wouldn't be fun feeling dumb all the time because I wasn't on the same level as him.

• It depends on where their intelligence lies.
    www.mtsac.edu/.../...ways%20of%20being%20smart.pdf

This link shows the different kinds of smart there is. Everyone is smart in their own way and in different areas. I won't date someone that isn't as smart as me. I would like to have intellectual conversations. What matters is what kind of smart are they?

• Getting good grades isn't being intelligent... its about how a person manages hard times... i am dating a guy who might be as good as me in studies but he is very mature so it really depends from person to person based on their mentality... the big thing that matters is what u think of urself... dont compare urself to anyone... not even ur girlfriend... we r all different n unique in our own ways
    just ve some self confidence in urself coz what u think about urself is what people reflect back at u (speaking from experience)
    best of luck :)

• I tried it and it didn't work.
    So no.

• Less intelligent but not stupid.

• People who are less intelligent than me are boring. I need to be challenged constantly.

• I'm not terribly shallow about anything else, but I STRONGLY prefer brilliant men. Most of my female friends are 3 sigma intellects, too.

• I have and it felt unbalanced and our conversations were very limited. This can make relationships very dull. In the future I'd like someone closer to my level or at least someone who can teach me a few things.

• Tbh, no. Cause, I like intelligent guys. Intelligence is very attractive. :p

• Yeah if he wasn't annoying and I found everything else about him desirable.

• Probably not.

• i've been doing that for a while now. it's not the only thing that matters.

• One of you will always be more and one will be less.

• No way. Never.

• Hell no. I need someone to challenge me, not make me explain every little thing I say/

• Yes because I dated a guy who wasn't very bright and our conversations never had any depth or meaning. Everything was robotic and automatic. We really didn't think the same about life. I'd prefer someone on the same level as me.

• no, i like a man who can intrigue my mind and tell me interesting stuff