Girls, how important is communication to you in a relationship? How would you want a guy to communacate with you?

I am often told by girls that communication is the most important thing in the relationship. Do you agree? If so what would you want a guy to communacate to you about? Would you want him to tell you his thoughts and feelings and confide in you? Would you want him to honest? And fell like he can talk to you about anything?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• Communication is huge. I think it matters in every relationship on some level. I wish my boyfriend would communicate more with me. Instead he's very reserved, but that's just how he is. But there have been many times he has come to me when he is ready to talk. I just have to be more patient. It's hard and it makes me feel sad sometimes that he doesn't talk to me more. Sometimes I feel that he doesn't care about me, but I know that's silly.

If I tell him something, he definitely listens.

I want my boyfriend to feel he can confide in me. Although I don't expect him to always confide in me. I understand he is a private person and very reserved, it's just how he is. So I don't push him. Instead, I let him know I am there for him if he wants to talk and I support him. He can then come to me if he wants to talk.

I just don't feel some guys are really into talking about their feelings. So I've had to learn to just accept that and hope they come to me, but not to push for it too much.

• Yeah i'm kind of the same as your boyfriend. For me i never talk about my feelings because i don't feel other people care. You should just keep telling him your there for him and hopefully he will open up. You sound like a sweet girlfriend.

• I really am a sweet girlfriend. It just hurts me that my boyfriend doesn't communicate with me. But I try to put that aside because I want him to feel comfortable. I know that at some point he will come to me, I just have to wait.

• I hope that he open up to you.

What Girls Said 7

• Very important.

Anything, that they wanna share.

• I need a guy who can articulate his thoughts and be forth-coming about anything. It reminds me of my ex who would just keep his thoughts to himself for the most part, he didn't talk about current events unless it was weed related, could not really tell if he was ok or contemplating breaking up because of how utterly apathetic he came off, had to be fucked up/drunk in order to be outgoing and fun (like he used to be when we were in high school), if there was an issue (like him acting like a dick) he would not acknowledge or discuss it so this would usually end in me exploding and demanding to know why I'm the one getting the silent treatment... I like to work things out immediately and move on otherwise it will drive me insane and a person with poor communication is just not capable of doing that.

• Communication is key. I want him to tell me about whatever he's interested in - I am much more intersted in guys who have some hobby or career that they're really passionate about. I'd love for him to tell me about his feelings and be able to confide in me about anything, but that's not where a relationship starts - that's a level of vulnerability I earn by being good with his smaller disclosures. And yes, I want him to be completely honest with me!

• Yes to all your questions, but you still have to be... not brutally honest you know haha.:D But a guy trusting me with anything is the best feeling in the world. It connect you more.

• I would like him to know that he could confide in me and I definitely would want him to be honest.

• I wouldn't want a feminine guy but yes I think open communication and discussion thoughts and feelings is good for both parties.

• Communication is huge for me. My ex was horrible at communicating and more often than not it led to problems. He doesn't have to tell me everything he's thinking, as long as he can communicate about the important things. If there's something that's bothering him I would hope he would be able to tell me what it is. I would want to be able to confide in him and feel comfortable talking to him about anything and I would hope he feels the same way. My ex didn't and ultimately that led to our break up because it's hard to be with someone who can't communicate with you.