Why do gay people just date any other gay person?

I don't mean this to be rude or anything. I promise. I don't have problems with gay people, I have homosexual friends (lol basic homophobic phrase, although I'm not homophobic) anyways that's not the point. I have friends who are gay.. for example there's a friend of mine and he's super sweet and I love him! He's gay and he's dated every open gay guy in school. Same goes for the other open gays. They basically have all dated each other. It's like a little date circle. I'm just curious, do they do this because they lower their standards or I don't know what other reason? I promise I'm not trying to sound rude, sorry if I'm coming off that way. But I'm just noticing this about other homosexual people as well. I heard it's a stereotype about gay people too (what I'm asking) that they basically fall for the first gay person they meet

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'd say that it's not true that "gay people just date any other gay person".

However, the reason why the gay people in your school probably all date each other is because there's a smaller "pool" of potential partners.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think it has to do with them being ''Oh im gay and want to fuck every gay person''. But, I'ts a lot more likely, that given how your still in school. There are probably very very VERY few gay people (I think my yeargroup of like 300 people had maybe 2 or 3 gay people).

So, Its not like they have much choice in their dating, so, obviously the few that their are, are all much more likely to date ya know? Imagine if your yeargroup had 295 gay people and 5 straight people, Those straight people would all probably date each other ya know?

But, Later in life, when a lot more people.. 'come out' and they realise there are a lot more homosexuals in the world, they can be a lot more picky and prefferencial about their relationships, but, i do believe the only reason why it happens like that in school (It happened in my year too) is quite simply because there are so few of them its bound to happen.

• There's not too many or too little gay people in my school. My school is very accepting of homosexuality and even have a club specifically for lgbt.. etc. There are many people in that club, probably less than 30 I honestly have no clue. I'm saying because straight people even date people from other schools, college, work, a friend they met, you get the point.. and we have a wide variety andyes I know some people fall in love after knowing each other for a shorthand period of time (straight people) but gay people dont really go out and talk to other people from other schools and stuff

• Well, It might just be one of those things that has no reason ya know? it just happens that way by sheer chance, who knows. I certainly don't. But honestly, as long as they are happy i don't really care xD.

Have a nice day mate.

• Lol true, thanks! You too

• http://i59.tinypic.com/286s6s4.jpg
    please check this out

• i have no idea tbh.. you get me fam?

• That's actually not true at all

• less choice to pick from

• You have the sex drive of a male with the sexual availability of a female.

What Girls Said 0