Would you continue to date someone if you found out that they were transgender?

So, would you? Personally I don't think I would. It would ruin my chances of having kids and I just... I don't know I would want a real man. Not a man that used to be a women. But that's just me personally. So what about you?

• Maybe
  • Never
  • Definitely

Most Helpful Guy

• My mind is obsessive, I wouldn't be able to get it out of my head that they used to have a dick and that when I'm having sex with them I'm actually sticking my penis into what used to be there penis but has now been inverted into a fake vagina.

It just kills my attraction to them

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. I would like to be told early on in the relationship that the person I'm dating is transgender. If they kept it a secret from me for so long, then I would definitely be edging towards dumping them. It wouldn't be because of them being transgender, but the fact that they lied to me for so long. It's not fair to keep that big of a secret from the person you are being intimate with.

I also want children in the future (maybe, sorta, but probably do) and I would want the child to be mine and the person I'm with so it would be hard to decide if I was willing to give that up. Yes, I know that love trumps all, but sometimes it doesn't. Everyone has a dream that they grew up with and not everyone is able to let that dream go no matter how much they love the person. It doesn't make them a bad person, though.

It's a hard choice to make, but I'm still on the fence about it. It really depends on the level of connection I have with the person and just how much I love them.

What Guys Said 17

• I'm going to be honest: I don't think I really would.
    On a physical level, that would mess with my attraction to them. I wouldn't be able to help it. I'm just not into that.
    On an emotional level, I may be upset that they waited until now to tell me such an important thing. It is a big secret to keep.

So no, my answer is B. Never.

• I would not. I get that it's hard for trans people, but it's not what I'm attracted to. And concealing it is not acceptable, it's selfish and deceitful.

• I'm not attracted to men so i would no longer be interested tbh. probably just love them as a friend but i could no longer be with them in any romantic ways.

• They aren't men?

• and there is nothing wrong with that

• I agree completely. Couldn't have said it better myself @atcnew

• I don't know. It's a wide ranging group with different ideas of how they want to be their identifying gender, and in what capacity they want to physically change. Gender is a spectrum.

That having been said, i was born a man and identify as a man and you do NOT get to decide what "real man" means for anyone. I will decide for myself what that means, thank you very much. And so will every other man, trans or not.

• No, never. The thought of being with a girl who is biologically a male would turn me off completely.

• I would have to think on it A LOT. Especially if she looked like what I'd consider to be a beautiful woman.

I don't care about the whole kids thing. I don't care about having kids or not anyway. If it happens it happens but if it doesn't then whatever lol

• Yeah i think it's complicated. But i mean if you've been dating for a while, and had sex a couple times, and we're none the wiser... lol I don't know man, seems to become kinda superfluous.

This actually raises the question of whether it's required info. I mean if i were trans and i told a girl and she reacted as if I'd been lying, I'd be pissed, you know? Cuz they don't feel like they're lying. It's just how they feel.

• @jjmarvin right it's definitely not as black and white as everyone makes it seem in my opinion.

• I doubt i could continue to be with someone knowing that was transgender
    they should of came forward and talked it over with me and told me in the
    beginning but this subject is touchy one you just don't know what to do
    now if they came out in the beginning and i could get use to it maybe things
    could be different i really don't know. i like a woman whose 100 % woman
    no two ways about it or 100 % female but I'm not judging them for them
    wanting to be transgender , some of them people can make the best friends
    it's really hard to say how to go about things very puzzling.

• Sometimes it's very difficult for trans people to talk about it. Sometimes they want to remove themselves from the connotations of that identity especially when facing not being accepted by people who they care about. You aren't accounting for the trauma of being transgender in our society.

• Well if the other person really truly loved the transgender than im positive they would continue to date. Even if you don't think you would trust me love changes people so you never know.

• I would keep an open mind about - See how I felt about her

• Of course I would.
    I liked them prior to knowing.. so what would it matter?

• no i would not. i like vaginas not penises. also i don´t like to be lied to.

• nine words: Dark forest, removal of teeth and fingers, fire, shovel.

• I honestly don't know how I would react.

• Transgender men are real men. I wouldn't leave my girlfriend if I found out she had transitioned, I love her as she is and I would never let her journey to this point ruin things between us. Likewise I wouldn't leave her if she wanted to transition into a man, I'd find that challenging but she'd still be herself and if she was transgender it'd make her happier so that would be good.

• I see where you're coming from. Thanks for the input👍.

• I've done it before and I'd do it again. It really wouldn't bother me.

• No, I wouldn't. But they're generally quite noticeable anyway.

• Honestly yes if i had no clue to began with lol

What Girls Said 7

• No, I wouldn't. I have nothing against transgender people, but it would be strange and I would feel uncomfortable. Plus, I don't like to be deceived.

• Of course... I love them so why would I care?

• Nope no way

• Yeah I would. I'm attracted to masculine men, but I don't care if they're trans. I don't really want kids either.

• Yeah I dont want kids anyway
    But I would like them to have told me in the beginning

• I wouldn't stop dating them BECAUSE they are trans. I would stop dating them because I wouldn't be able to have kids with them

• Not an issue whatsoever for me. I don't care about having kids, so that settles that. And if I liked him before I knew, then why would this information change anything for me?