My girlfriend cooked something for me, asked me how it was and I told her the truth and now she's mad. Is it really a big deal? Do you ladies care?

My girlfriend cooked me something to try and eat. She ate it and said it was ok. So i tried it and i told her it wasn't that good. I gave her my honesty opinion and she was like "well you can order out then and eat by yourself". So my question is, should i simply apologize or let it go? Do you ladies care about your cooking?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I cook or bake something new, I want people to give me their honest opinions on it. I want to know if it's something I can make again. It's not a big deal.

If you simply said "I don't like the meal" or "It wasn't that good" and you said it politely, I don't know what her problem is. If you said it rudely or said something insulting then yeah, she's going to be offended. But if you don't like a meal, you don't like it. She can't force feed it to you.

• True true. I kinda acted immature and a spit it back out when i could of ate it still. i will say sorry, she did take time to make it for me. i exaggerated on the spitting out part in all honesty.

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck her. If she expects you to lie just to make her feel better than she needs to grow up. She shouldn't have asked if she didn't want to know the truth; I mean why should you be expected to become a liar just to support her emotional well being. Perhaps you could have said it more gracefully though--maybe you could have said well its alright, but it could be cooked a little less.

• I agree. I will never understand the people who ask for an honest opinion when what they mean is "I want your honest opinion, but only if it is what I want to hear."

• I fuck her in another way...

What Girls Said 8

• Don't let that shit for, she's over here trying to poison you and you're the bad guy? Nah, she asked you weren't rude, she needs to grow up or better yet learn to cook!!!
    Lol but in the interest of a relationship, maybe talk to her but don't lie either.

• I don't think you should apologize. I'll never get people get people asking for an opinion and then getting mad when you give your honest opinion. She asked you what you thought and you told her the truth. You didn't do anything wrong. I'd ask her why she asked what you thought if she was going to get mad. That conversation has the potential to make her even more mad, but it's better than swallowing your pride and apologizing when you shouldn't have to.

• I would have taken it as a humor and laughed.

Lol.

I guess suggest cooking with her so she can observe and do better next time.👍

• Sometimes when a person asks a question, it's a request for an honest opinion. Sometimes it's an invitation to be appreciative. Hard to know which is the case, but sometimes you're better off giving the appreciative, rather than honest answer.

• Let it go. If she can't cook the most you can do is buy her a cookbook. Then again it might've just been something she liked more than you did. Your tastes might be different.

• I kinda acted immature and a spit it back out when i could of ate it still. i will say sorry, she did take time to make it for me. i exaggerated on the spitting out part in all honesty.

• I honestly just laughed out loud but that was a dick move. Apologizing would be the best thing to do.

• yeah i will say sorry and next time i will be more respectfull, i exaggerated on the spitting

• A lot of times girls want the truth but when we hear it.
    it might hurt but it makes us better cooks! :)

• i said sorry to her and said we can even cook together lol. by the way i don't know how to make anything. When i say anything i mean it lol.

• you should have just said it differently, like, "This is ok and thank you for making this, but I feel there is something missing"

• yeah i will apologize

• You can be honest, but try to use some tact. Appreciate that she made something for you, even if it's not to your taste.

If I were in your shoes, I'd apologize for upsetting the person and reassure them that I do appreciate that they cooked for me and didn't mean to sound rude/ungrateful. But that's me. Up to you how you want to handle it.

• yeah that is true. I kinda acted immature and a spit it back out when i could of ate it still. i will say sorry, she did take time to make it for me.

What Guys Said 1