Does Tinder work for relationships?

I'm a 20 year old guy in a small town. I live at home and commute to college during the fall/spring. I've talked to girls in the past and usually was to shy to make a move, so I've never had an official girlfriend.

I want to get out into the dating world, and I was wondering if Tinder actually works for that? I've heard a lot of people say it's just for hook ups, but I'm looking for it to work for a relationship.

Please let me know your Tinder stories/experiences/opinions!

• Yes, it works for relationships
  • No, it doesn't work
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• It's very superficial, and the odds are stacked against most guys because there are more guys than girls, and also the only thing you can really showcase are superficial things like looks, height, job, etc. Having an in person interaction with girls is way more useful and successful for the average guy.

I'd say, if you're a good-looking guy you could get hook-ups or relationships from it, depending on what you want. If you're a girl and decently attractive, same thing (but easier to find a relationship the hotter you are obviously). For the average guy, from what I hear it's difficult to even get matches.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• I can but you gotta get luck. Since you are in a small town, you might have better luck.

• It lets you meet people, but you gotta do the rest.

• You have better chances with OkCupid, even though it's not that great either.

• Tinder fo da bootaaay calls

• I was mostly on there because I was bored and I had low self esteem. I surprisingly got involved with this guy i met on there. When I first signed up on tinder I wasn't expecting to actually find someone. I got really into this guy only to find out that he had a girlfriend. He didn't even tell me he was in a relationship I found out when I found his facebook profile. I've also found many guys I already knew from real life that already had girlfriends. So tinder isn't the most reputable of apps.

What Guys Said 5

• In your case, yes, it would be helpful. It is NOT the be-all and end-all--you still have to go on from there, but it can make that initial text connection or phone call.

Go for it.

• Its mostly a hookup site.

• Well anything works if you are good looking bro

• It's mainly for hook ups or people just looking to talk. You would be lucky to get a relationship out of it.

• Lol you don't go on tinder and craiglist for relationship but yea it gets u laid