Should the guy say "I love you" first in the relationship? Or does it not matter? How long should it take to say it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it should matter, however I know for me personally it does.

I find most guys I have dated do not really care about stuff like that. So for a guy to say it to me would mean a lot. And I mean like it would mean the world to me! It would seem like he is declaring something to me. It would definitely make me feel special and more close to him.

However, I think depending on the person, love can also be communicated in different ways. Some people are more expressive with words, and they will tell you. While others will be more action-oriented. They will do things that show they love you and care about you (ie. buying presents, holding open doors, doing things for the other person, talking to the other person, etc...).

You have to watch how that person expresses love to really understand if they do love you or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• THAT DOES NOT MATTER who says it first
    As long as it's sincere

How long should it take? As long as it takes to make you feel comfortable around the other that you think 'yes, she might be it'

What Girls Said 5

• Who cares how long and who says it first? You say it when you feel it!

• It doesn't matter who says it as long as they mean it (however it's much nicer when the guy says it.) I don't feel like there's a specific time that you should say it. If you truly feel it and you mean it, then say it. Just own up to it and make sure inside that you meant it as well.

• Forget "should." One of you should say it when you genuinely feel and and feel safe sharing that information.

• It doesn't matter. There shouldn't be a time limit to saying the words, as long as both people know and understand each other and there is a common ground of respect for love to build off of.

• Not long enough that you lose the person :)

What Guys Said 0