Why is it so hard to let go when you tried to care about someone and they infinitely pushed you away?

Why can't I just let it go? It keeps lingering in my mind. He was afraid of me leaving, yet when I tried to stay and care about him, offering to help him and working through things because we are both broken from our pasts, he pushed me away infinitely by ghosting on me and totally disregarding everything. Why is it so hard to let go? Why do people have to be so harsh, especially when they made you think they felt the same?

What Guys Said 1

• I was in a similar scenario as you. Honestly, I really don't know why anyone would behave this way. Most like it's fear, fear so great that they dare not even try to face it with someone who cares for them, because they fear that loss so much. It's also a really shitty way of treating someone so close, and I think it speaks volumes of their character. It's hard to face it, I know, but the reality is that this person truly didn't care for you as much as you may have hoped. You need to give yourself time to let go, and once you do that you can move on. Only then can you meet someone who would never mistreat you that way.

• I know you're right and I'm trying. It does hurt. I guess I wouldn't have gotten so invested had he not brought up our first date and potentially meeting parents... acting like he cared at my friend's party... only to pull away and completely disappear after telling me he liked what we had and wanted to continue talking. It's just shitty. I shouldn't have to wonder where I am constantly with someone. I need to find someone who is on the same wavelength as me and will treat me right. 😊

What Girls Said 0