Why do people judge me for dating older men?

I do not like college guys (99% have the same mentality- f*ck and ditch) and only date guys who are at least 22, but never over 28. My friends call me crazy and stranger call me... well, wh*re.
I read that the most common reasons for dating older guys are money, daddy issues and need for a provider. None of those apply to me so why am I being judged? Its not like im dating anyone who could be my father.

Most Helpful Girl

• Those are just close minded and stupid people.
    I completely understand why you would rather date guys who have matured a bit and are not all about casual sex and binge drinking... who wouldn't really?

Try not to take it personally, do your thing and never mind what others think. As long as you are happy and doing what you feel is the right thing for you, go for it.

I would only suspect daddy issues if the men were in fact around 20 years older, in a sense that they could actually BE your dad...

What Guys Said 17

• Naaaaah don't worry about jerks...
    They are a lot
    Just do what you want
    And never regret about anything you do 😊
    And if anyone judges you say:
    Fuck you Idc and I'll do what I want...
    Then take a shot everything will be fine 😊

• I don't blame u. You want a more mature dude who is past that repetitive wild phase.

Your friends just don't understand. ;-)

• I'd say use the golden rule... follow a good mix of your heart and your common sense!
    And by putting your limit on your age + 10 I think you use both so no problem at all :D

• A 4 to 10 year difference isn't that bad. That's actually not uncommon.

Although I will be honest, I would have judged you as that way if you said you only dated guys at least twice your age.

• More people need to mind their own business.

• Well if you like older guys cause they won't fuck and ditch you than, technically, the provider thing does apply.

• The guys who you are looking to date won't complain or even wonder why... forget what the nay-sayers say... do what's right for you...

• I think society has it set that way. It seems like you're a mature girl so i guess keep doing what you're doing. Just be safe cause you never know what can happen. Keep doing you :)

• Ignore what others say and date who you want to date. Not who your friends expect you to date.

• No one should judge anyone only god can judge me

• Another attention whore who tries to appear ''mature'' and therefore is dating only mature guys.

• Each to their own.

• Haters gonna hate.

• because we understand that an older man wants a young sex toy.

• There just jelous

• It's a little better that you're 18, since that's most places age of consent, you're now a legal adult (not a mature adult) but that's when the law considers you no longer a juvenile. Anyway, most girls who go for much older men, tend to have daddy issues. They either don't realize it, or, realize it but can't confess to it. The other option is that they're just after the guys money because they can't make money themselves

• Coz the girls are usually oblivious to the fact that the older guy is after some fresh young pussy and that's it. If you think they take you seriously it's naive. If you know this and still choose to date them.. fair enough! lmao

What Girls Said 6

• In my opinion, your preferred age range is totally normal! It's not like you want to date a man that's old enough to be your dad lol, that's when I draw the line.

• thats what I said. the oldest guy i was with was 26, so i dont get why do people find this wrong.

• You should date who you want! I can see where you're coming from with dating older guys. Personally what I like about them is that they're (generally, in my experience) over the adolescent soul-searching phase and know what they want out of life, or at least the next five years. It's nice to date someone who's already their own person!

• You're 18.. 22 ish isn't a big deal

• I don't blame u. I like older men too. Like waaayyyy older.

• sorry, but i don't understand the question

• i totally get your pt
    i dont approve of dating though im more traditional

but i 100% understand where you are coming from, i feel like guys my age are usually sooooooo uninteresting and they never intrigue me or like really interest me and pull me towards them... like kinda vain and... limited.. you know
    nothing is wrong with that but it's just not for me

i like a guy who can hypnotize me, you know when someone is just interesting and telling you interesting stuff and seem to have knowledge and maturity and actually intrigue you and make you think... etc that kind of hypnosis lol you feel like you never get distracted when talking to them

i prefer older guys (not older than 35 though) because they are just more mature and I don't know, maybe their hormones have calmed down or they handle themselves better, you can feel they have experience with life and conversations can go beyond everyday conversations

in short, i get the appeal and i definitely prefer them too
    mature + handles himself better = GIMME !

i think it really is true that girls mature mentally faster than guys lol i know a lot of girls who agree with us on the older guy thing