Why do people get mad or jealous when an average guy dates a girl out of his league?

Can't they be happy for that person?

Most Helpful Girl

• pfft please, u think people are that nice?
    i wish i had a positive mind like that. bitches gon b jealous, losers gon hate u. thats just how it is.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wanted to just pass your question on, but I felt I had to tell a story about someone I knew. This is about a guy I knew, not a close friend but we hung out occasionally. He wasn't the best looking guy, but he ended up meeting a very attractive girl. Honestly to this day, I have no idea how those two ever started dating. He was a 3 and she was a 9. But people can't just be happy because apparently if she's too hot for a guy, she obviously doesn't know what she doing (sarcasm). So this couple showed up at a huge party at my college. I was with my friends and next to my group was this group of guys where were extremely wealthy and good looking. They pointed at them and expressed among themselves that a girl like her shouldn't be with a guy like him. So, standing there listening to these guys, I actually heard them trying to figure out a plan to get one of the guys to hook up with the girl, 'because she obviously doesn't understand how it works.' I watched as the guy went to talk to other friends and these guys approach her. She politely talk to them and eventually the Alpha of the group had the others leave for him to make his move. He asked her to leave the party with him. I had trouble getting the whole conversation, but he basically told her that she was too good looking for the guy she was with. More importantly, he had money and wanted to spend it on her, because she deserved a guy that was worthy of her, and her boyfriend 'clearly was not.' I was horrified when she nodded and said, 'You're right. I should be with someone like you. Where's your car?' So they start to leave. Here I am pinned to the floor watching his a**hole walking away with this girl, just because her boyfriend wasn't good looking. To this day, I will never forget what happened next. She stopped after only taking about three steps. He turned around and asked if anything was wrong. She smiled and looked at him and said, 'There is. You're what's wrong. I don't give a damn who you are, you'll never have me.' She turned to go back to her boyfriend when he grabbed her arm (It was like watching a movie). He yelled at her, 'You don't understand, I'm better than he is!' She jerked out of his hand and said, 'I can love whoever I want.' I found out later that they got married and had a few kids. What she said struck me hard. People think they know how the world is, but people will always be able to make choices. Don't worry about what other people think. Only care about what your girl thinks.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know bc it isn't like that person could've had her either. If she chose the "average-guy" then she chose the average guy. No ones concern but hers

• A 10 to you, could be a 5 to someone else. So it's probably not jealousy.

What Guys Said 4

• I'd give him a high five lol.

• jealous because they don't have her and failed doing the same, heh

• why? beacause there is a hot girl involved... not every one will care though some might try to steal her from you though

• I think it's because they're selfish and jealous.

" How can HE get a girl like her when I'm CLEARLY better than him? :'( "