Online Dating - Disability?

I met a guy online at the start of June and we have been talking everyday via text since. We both really like each other and can't wait to meet up. The only problem I have is that I haven't told him I walk with crutches and have a knee brace because I'm scared it will put him off me. No guy has turned me down for this before but I'm still worried. I live on my own, drive and work in retail so there isn't really anything I can't do. What should I do? Have I left it too late to say anything now?

Also, how would I best bring it up without being too blunt about it? Sorry about all the questions people but I really need advice. :/

Most Helpful Guy

• It's important that you tell him the truth. The worst thing is to surprise someone with something like that. Now, let me be clear that there is nothing wrong with you, but some people have certain perceptions about people with handicaps. Meeting people online is not like meeting people in real life. You don't get to see the face value of who you're talking to. When I pick up a girl in the library, or the street, or a hundred other places, I can see how she stands, how she smiles, all the details of meeting someone for the first time, which is why I'm usually against online. But doing online dating isn't the worst thing. And if you go about it, you need to keep the full scope of what, and who, you are meeting. It's great you found someone who you are interested in, who is showing you a similar interest. But don't forget to be honest. It's something personal to you, but just tell him exactly how you told all of us. That you do have to use crutches, but you still function as a normal person. Because you are a normal person. Don't be afraid of being yourself, presenting yourself as you are, human. I know you don't want to be blunt about it, but there is no 'around the bush' way of telling someone that. Just say simply, I don't want to surprise you when we meet, but I use crutches. And when he has more questions, just answer them. It'll be fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• The truth will show him he's nice/ compassionate or he's petty

What Guys Said 7

• Be truthful and respectful let him know about it but
    Don't focus on your disability. Be the happy cheerful girl/woman you are and both of you won't even notice the disability.

• just dont worry about it, if he ditches you then he's not the guy for you, but next time let them know

• It's not a deal breaker to date a disabled person it wouldn't be a issue with me

• Not a deal breaker really i personally value inner self so i hope he is that too, but you need to be honest at the first place and tell him before you meet each other, don't worry it will be alright

• It's better to tell him than that he has to discover it on his own

• honestly, it's about your looks. and of course personality.
    aside from that, it doesn't matter.

• I can only speak for me personally but it wouldn't put me off, if she mentioned it beforehand I guess I'd think it was sweet she was worried about it but she needn't be.

What Girls Said 1

• I think the best would be to tell him straight up ASAP, and if he can't handle you for who you are then you don't deserve someone like that. But do tell him before you meet him or he might feel as though you weren't revealing everything about yourself. OR you could meet him up, and if he asks about your crutches you could just brush it off and say "i told you about this before, haven't i?"