I wanted to start dating when my life was stable and happy. Now that it is I find I'm too old?

I wanted to wait until I was happy with myself and my life to start dating. In university, I was still try to understand what my identity and values were. After university, I was at home for a few years and working term jobs that I wasn't happy with. I had to move frequently and didn't want to get involved with anyone. I turned down dates because I wasn't happy enough with myself to have anyone else in my life.

Now I'm 28. I have a great job, a nice home, friends and even a little cat. I feel like I'm emotionally, mentally and financially ready to share my life with another person. The thing is now I'm totally behind. Everyone is settling down and I haven't even gotten to square 1. What should I do?

I'm still a virgin, which most people regard as suspect at my age

Most Helpful Guy

• What you do

Firstly, stop questioning yourself and worrying about others.

Secondly, build up your self esteem and confidence

Thirdly, be open to any eventuation and rather than say no, say yes more often to dates and invites to social gatherings

Most Helpful Girl

• there is no fix age to start dating.. many people of your age are single because they tried and could not find the right one.. so you are not behind.. just go out and find your man..

What Guys Said 4

• You are still young so it's not too late. There is another guy just like you who waited to get himself settle in life before he got serious with someone. There are plenty of single who have time on their hand to job, exercise, or just at the store shopping. You never know where you might find that guy but, he is out there.

• See, I envy you. That's where I want to be. You're only 28! You can date all you want. I can assure you there are decent single men of your age, and even older.

• What are you so afraid of, have you ever considered counseling? It seems your problem is more emotional and psychological rather than age, which is only 28. Smh

• What makes you think you're too old?

What Girls Said 2

• Get out and start dating! U aren't behind. When i was 29 i found myself single with three kids. And i had to start dating again. I thought it would suck. But it was fun. I made a plenty of fish profile. And picked and choosed the ones i wanted to meet n greet with. After that i dated a couple until i found one i wanted to be with it

• You never too old to find love