Why is my boyfriend so possesive?

My boyfriend is so possesive & controlling & doesn't want anyone talking to me. Why is he like that ? Its so annoyingg. he treats me like i belong to him or sumthen. Plssss helppp

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys like that have insecurity issues an feel if you talk to other people, you'll leave them for someone else. You can swear up and down on the bible that you'll be loyal, but they won't believe you. So they believe that basically holding you hostage is the best way to make sure you don't leave them.

I suggest you leave him. Guys like that try everything in their power to control everything about you, that includes finances so you literally CAN'T leave them due to costs. Leave before it gets worse an you're stuck with an asshole who hurts you.

What Guys Said 5

• "Why is my boyfriend so possessive?"

Because you put up with it.

• He is insecure and deathly afraid you are better than him.

• And that is when you give them an ultimatum, but you will possibly have to break up; get pepper spray first because this type is the one that stabs you with a knife then jumps out through a window.

• because that is exactly what he is.. possessive. get out while you can... seriously

• Tell him bout it

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend is exactly the same. I talked to him about it and he said that he's like that because he believes I'm one day going to cheat on him for someone better looking. It is because of insecurities but I love my boyfriend a lot and I know it's annoying at times but if you truly love him you'll have to deal with it in order to be with him :)