Have you ever been Catfished?

I really find the show Catfish on MTV to be interesting. For those who have never seen the show. It's where someone is in a relationship/talking with someone online & they don't know if the person they have been talking to is pretending to be someone else or not cuz they have never met in person before. The guy who made the show helps people find out if the person their talking to online is who they say they are by setting it up where they go confront the person face to face. Most of the time the person is not who they say they are. There's been a few cases were the person is who they say they are but its very few.

So I'm curious to know, If any of you guys or girls have ever been Catfished? Or Have you ever Catfished someone? If your two embarrassed to comment openly about the second question, I won't mind if you reply annoumously. If you have been Catfished, did u ever confront the real person & did the person apologize? For those who have Catfished someone did u eventually tell the person who u really are & apologize or did u just move on?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes... for 2 years. It wasn't the pictures or anything she lied about. She just lied about who she was as a person to me. When we tried to close the distance, I got to know her for a month in person and she was completely different from what she made herself out to be. To give you an idea, she made herself out to be a normal girl wanting to go to college and live a normal live. (This is what I knew online after 2 years) But when we tried to do it in person for a month, she all of a sudden wanted to get married and have babies at AGE 19. It got to the point where she poked holes in my condoms and threatened to kill herself if I didn't get her pregnant. She turned out to be crazy but I would of never known that if I didn't spend time with her in person... AGAIN, this all happened after 2 years then finally getting to know her. Lol that's the VERY short version of my catfish story.

• OMG I'm so sorry that happened to u. Man That's crazy what she did to u. Wow.. She must been pissed when u ended it, after u ended it, did she like stalk u or anything or did it end easily with her? Lol that's was the short version, yeah she is crazy.

• She was VERY pissed and "destroyed" as she put it. Sooo it did not end easily. Lol she's stalked me since then and has sent me messages countless times accusing me of cheating on her during the relationship for no reason. I'm a very faithful guy and have never given anything to give that idea. She just refuses to admit that the issue was her so there's not much I can do. I've left her alone and moved on but she still has not after 5 months. I also just started dating again and she now stalks my new girlfriend. Craziness at it's prime...

• Wow, that's a lot to deal with. I'm glad u were able to date and move on from it though. Have u ever try to get a restraing order against her? Maybe ur new girl can get one too.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes I got talking to this girl that I thought was perfect but when saw the person it was a guy. It was horrible.

• Oh man that's crazy. How did u ended up seeing him? Like how did u track him down. Did u meet him in person or online?

• The person asked for money and told me the address to put in the mailbox because they wouldn't be home when I bring it so I thought it was a little fishy so I watched till the person came and when I saw the guy I was really mad I confronted him he said he was really sorry but I just took my money back and left.

• Dang :/, well at least u were brave enough to confront him & u got ur money back. :)

• No, I have never been catfished lol, but I'm convinced that @mrsathruz is a language catfish :p

• Nope, don't trust people in general.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know if he was catfishing me or not but it just seemed too good to be true I was in a long distance relationship with some guy from Florida we met on an online dating app. We dated for 7 months i never saw a selfie that was taken from his front camera funny thing he had the iphone 5 and whenever i'd asked him for a selfie or videos he told me that his brother and him had gotten in a fight and that his brother stepped on his screen and broke it but then he'd claim that he was getting paid so much at work and that he was an assistant manger and that he had like 8 gram in his savings acc.. like making that much money you would've bought a new phone by now.. which didn't fucking make sense to me at all.. and whenever i'd ask him to facetime me he would say the same stuff always had excuses.. Sometimes I'd let that shit slide cause i was in love with him but I started getting a gut feeling like i was being lied to and it just seemed too good to be true and I only ever saw like 6 pics of him throughout the whole 7 months that we were dating and they were all 3 years old from what he'd say. When the time kept getting close to us meeting in person some thing would always come up on his side of the end.. I just started getting so fed up with his lies and bullshit. Three days before I broke it off with him we were talking on the phone and I was telling him look we've been dating for 7 months now don't you think it's time to facetime each other, I don't wanna wait to see you until you come because with him you never know.. And he interrupted me and he was like " I'm sorry baby i love you so much but you're just gonna have to wait until i come for you to see me because i'm not gonna buy a new phone just to video chat with you my brother broke it and he's the one that has to buy me a new phone and i'm not gonna be little his bitch and i'm not gonna buy it I have so much pride and i was like okay sorry i won't ask you again.. then after a few days I broke up with him for quite a lot of reasons besides the catfish part he was very controlling and manipulative guy he knew what to say to keep you around.. it was a very ugly breakup but I don't regret it. I felt like he was lying to me and felt like I was being used and taken for granted. but yeah he hates my guts now even though I was real with him I sent the guy videos and pictures i told him everything about my past and present.. I should be the one hating him but i don't tbh. I just find the whole thing absurd.