Is it really necessary to have a Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Why?

The question is as simple as above.
It'd be good if you mention the reason too 😇
Thanks and no trolling please
😊

• Yeas, they're necessary
  • Nope, I don't think they're necessary
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really think it's necessary having one between the ages of 12-18 because you're still young & learning new things about the world like many people around that age treat relationships as if it's their entire life & when it ends, it breaks them. So I think relationships are better off once you're over 18 because the end goal should be marriage and if it isn't then what's the point of having one if its not meant to last?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends by the context. If you have a BF/GF just for the sake of being in a relationship then - no, it's not necessary because you're wasting each-others time.

Mainly you need to figure-out why you're in a that relationship in the 1st place, if you have a valid reason then it's deemed necessary no matter what is.

In my opinion a relationship/friendship should better you in some shape or form... if its not doing that then you need to end that relationship/friendship.

What Girls Said 12

• Necessary? No. But I would like to have once cause I really need affection and more.

• i think it depends on the person! for some yes it is and others not really

• That's a nice to have, not a need to have.

• I don't think they're necessary, but they sure are nice. I am fine by myself, but I'm happier when I'm in a relationship with someone who is good to me.

• Its certainly not necessary but if you like someone a lot, just make them your girlfriend/boyfriend, if you don't, then leave, don't try to half be with someone.

• Of course its not necessary. Plenty of people are asexual and even if you're not no one needs another person

• For me personally yes. I need intimacy especially emotionally.

• Not necessary but much desired!

• Not necessary, but quite enjoyable.

• Depends, if you want a partner, you have someone to spend the rest of your lives with. If you don't want to, well you'll probably be lonely for the rest of your life. So yeah, kind of in the middle.

• No, it's not necessary. I enjoy being single! I'm not made for relationships

• It is necessary to feel loved, so yes.

What Guys Said 8

• I'd go in between A & B.

Reason for being necessary is that we are naturally hardwired to be that way aka companionship even if not with the other gender :)

Reason for not being necessary can be 2 ways (1) you are well happy with yourself and know what you want in life, have a sense of purpose and a pathway to your ambitions (2) you are lost, feeling low, negative etc :)

• Not necessarily necessary (see what I did there?) but it has it's pros. You don't NEED a partner. You won't die from being single. However, there are just so many experiences you would never get to experience without a relationship, and so many experiences worth sharing. Life is a grand adventure, it's full of twists and turns, bumps, highs and lows. It's sad, exciting, scary, fun, and amazing. Life is worth sharing. Having someone to navigate the highs and lows, to be sad with, and to adventure with you is truly great. You may not need to live with a partner, but if you get the right one, you will never want to live without them.

• Not necessary, but I believe the best years/moments/experiences of your life are with someone you "love".

• Neccesary, no.

But it is nice to have someone to
    share amazing moments with, no? ^.^

• Nope not necessary. They might make you happier but you might not be the right guy I don't know it's for you to decide that one

• Nah why would I force myself to be with someone I don't really care for

• It's only need it when you feel the need ;)

• its in fashion and cool to show off though. being "normal"