Do guys even believe in faithfulness?

I'm not really sure if this is just me but my city really sucks for dating. I always knew there was something off but everyone just told me i hadn't met the right person in the city yet. All guys have just wanted to hook up with me, and trust mw im not the "slut" type. You know when the whole Ashley Madison scandal came out? My city was the one with the most amount of users. That just reinforced my point even more.

But I noticed just in general how many people use the site and it's just so wrong.

Why are guys so obessed with cheating and hookups, one night stands?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not guys, its people. Sites like ashley madision can't function unless they have a lot of female members, the suggestion that its only men is rather niave and sexist. Men and women are equally capable of being selfish plain and simple. I do not agree with one night stands and have never cheated, I do know people who have cheated, half of them where women the other half men. Its not a gender thing its society. We have created a society that has told people its okay to do what ever you feel like doing, that you should not think about how your actions can impact your future or how others will percieve you or how they may hurt other people. All that matter is you fullfill your own personal desires and to hell with everyone else. Don't blame men for something women partake in with as great of frequency blame the society that has condoned the behaviour.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had tinder for not much more than a confidence booster and ended up sleeping around (never had a boyfriend, lost my virginity to someone on there) and I can tell you for a fact not all guys are like that. Some turned me down because they weren't comfortable with doing such a thing, and one guy in particular was on there for the same reasons as me yet we've been together for several months and trust each other so much. Everybody is different, and sometimes you click so well with someone that turning up at their place at 3am doesn't turn into sex, instead it becomes dnm's and laughing about stupid YouTube videos - something that then becomes a proper date days later and a relationship after a few weeks. Life's weird, people are weird, but you can't judge an entire group on a select few because nobody's "all the same".

• I am glad you have moved away from that initial tinder phase and discovered friendship and compassion in a relatively dark place. Please don't ever undervalue yourself.

What is 'dnm' btw?

• "Deep and Meaningful"
      It's basically when you have a conversation with someone that emotionally exposes you. You tell the other person more private and personal things that either mean a lot to you, or affect you in some form. You'd only dnm with someone you can trust due to the raw nature of convos like that 😊

What Guys Said 20

• Im not going to lie. I was unfaithful. Being faithful is boring I know im going to upset people but you wanted opinions. My girlfriend is a very good girl and nice. I get to fuck her when I want and she treats me nice. But for me cheaters are generally selfish people its all about our sexual gratification and dont care about how we get it. My ex girlfriend I cheated on many times purely for sex. I like other girls so I I did it. But at least my ex didn't find out. She was very hurt and forgave me for one of my mistakes. Women who forgive men for this will always get cheated on lol. I've even dropped the LOVE bomb early on my girlfriends so I could get pussy. That's sad I know but every cheater has thought like this before. By the way people say why dont you break it off? Because everyone wants there cake and to eat it too. Isn't it better to have a relationship whilst having the perks of a player.

• or you could not be an asshole and just do hooking up with randoms and not tricking the person into pretending that you are comitting..

thats just fucking sick

• I do not cheat, never considered it and never will. Not interested I hookups or one night stands at all. Here comes the down-votes but guys nowadays don't seem to value or respect women as a person but more of a sex object.

• Women don't respect themselves either. just as many women cheat as men, its not a gender issue but society that has encouraged and condoned selfishness and decadence. The notion that one can and should fullfill what ever desire they have regardless of consequences.

• "Why are guys so obessed with cheating and hookups, one night stands?"

Just in case you didn't realize by now... a girl needs to be present in those situations too so it's "people" in general that let this happen not just men.

For a 16 year old, you have major trust issues.

• yeah well you don't know my life those trust issues are there for a reason

• I don't recall saying they weren't there for a reason, I just stated that they are present.

• I believe in being 100% faithful to your partner. In these times, and around our age group, people are just looking to bang. They may want relationships, but not until later. There are many guys who would never cheat, but that doesn't mean guys that do cheat don't exist. It sounds to me you live in a bad city if infidelity is so rampant.

• I don't do any of that. I do not believe in having sex before marriage, and of course I believe in monogamy.

• I dunno really, I can't begin to tell you how many random women I've fucked, though. Just, I've cheated on SO many girlfriends it's fucking unreal.

I suppose it's just built into my "guy-ness." I can't help it, if I don't cheat or fuck random women, I cease to be.

Moron.

• Im fiercely loyal and when I commit I commit completely. But I'm also not going to just do that for anybody, it has to be earned. So I think there's a line.

I'm sure some guys are shitheads and they just won't ever treat women right, and others are just too immature at the time to do right by her, but there are guys that aren't like that.

• Yes, faithful men still exist, in smaller numbers but we're around.

• Moral grounds are small today but not all guys are sick horn dogs. Few guys know how special one girl could be and can even say the same for some girls.
    I Myself can not answer your question because I have never been one of those guys but I can say that it can be hard in a world that is socially wrong to do the right thing.
    Just hang in there

• Cheating gives me a rush, risk of getting caught. In addition, more sex which is always a good thing. Plus, sex with the same person gets boring after a while.

• I have been cheated upon and know how it sucks. Im always faithful.

• Yes you're just young.

• Yes I do and I have never hooked up with someone from one of those sites

• This is not just on guys. There's plenty of women cheating too. That said yes a lot of guys cheat, but there's tons of guys who don't and never will. Just don't over look you typical nice guy.

• you have trust issues

• -Variety is appealing.

Also, faithfulness can be separate from sexual exclusivity (which is what you're really talking about). e. g open marriages.

• My parents have been together for 25+ years, and are going on their 30th wedding anniversary trip, about 2 weeks from today. If that doesn't define faithfulness, I don't know what does

• yeah usually until the first woman cheats on them. Then they swear to themselves to never pass up opportunities again. Has less to do with you than themselves

• Male whores are just as bad as female whores. A whore is a whore in my opinions, no matter what genitals they may be equipped with.

• Please please please for the love of god please don't think all guys are like this. Both my parents were cheaters and it tore me the fuck up. I would never betray a person, let alone my girlfriend, like this.

What Girls Said 5

• #generalisation162 I'm sure they do hun. it just doesn't seem so anymore. faithful men still exist. they're just hard to find. keep looking girl.

• Who do you think these men are fucking? Women, so don't start dismissing all men as cheaters unless you are going to dismiss all women as home-wrecking attention whores.

• Some married ones do

• Some believe in being faithful.

• they dont even care.

• My cousins wife abandoned him and their daughter for another man (after cheating on him for god knows how long) twice. He gave her a second chance and she did it again. I had a friend who's wife cheated on him and now he is raising a little girl who belongs to the man his wife had cheated on him with. I had a friend who's first girlfriend cheated on him. I have only been with one women my entire life because I do not believe in one night stands, I have never cheated my friends have not cheated, as far as I can tell my brothers have never cheated. This is not something that is one sided. Both selfish men and selfish women are responsible for this.