Am I not showing enough interest?

Met a guy at a bar last Friday. He immediately showed interest in me. He texted me that night and for the next 3 days. I responded to him when he reached out, but I would keep my messages short and take a while to respond. On Wednesday he called me, but I didn't answer because I was busy. I didn't hear from him after that. On Saturday I decided to text him and invite him to go hiking with me. He said yes and offered to pick me up. I said no lets just meet there. The hike went well. After it was over, he asked me if I wanted to join him for brunch. I said no because I had work to do. Once I got home from the hike, he texted me and told me he had fun. He also texted me later that evening to let me know what he was up to. I answered him and told him what I was doing. That was yesterday afternoon. I haven't heard from him since.

Maybe I'm completely overthinking this... but I just can't tell if he's interested. I'm asking because I feel a shift in energy on his end. I feel like he's taken a step back from me. As for me, I like him but I tend to not show a lot of interest in a guy that I like right away. I prefer to act in a cool manner.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated on how I should proceed. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Call and ask him if he'd like to go out again

Most Helpful Girl

• He WAS interested (might still have feelings but I can tell he's cooling off), but you weren't showing enough interest to me. The whole not showing the same amount of enthusiasm in the texting is a big red flag and you also refused to let him pick you up, which seems like you just don't want to be in an enclosed space with him. You only ever seemed to reach out once and you went on a hike... that seems like a "friendly" date to me personally. It seems like your cool demeanor may have come across cold and he assumed you weren't interested.

What Guys Said 1

• You shouldve showed or said more to let him know you were interested. But oh well, just lwarn from this and apply it to the next guy in line.

What Girls Said 2

• He is interested, u need to actually te him that you are though, cuz the way you are acting cool, is probably coming off as cold to him. Big difference. Talk to him, communicate, and go from there, but younmay have already feoze this one out.

• Definitely seems like you're not showing enough interest, maybe apologize and say something along the lines of "I'm sorry if I haven't been able to speak to you much lately but life's been really busy. Do you want to meet up at____/hang out again?"