When did you find out you were in love with your significant other and how long did it take you to tell him/her?

Ok, so on the last day with boyfriend before parting for the summer, I realized that I Iove him. I'm pretty terrified and I definitely don't want to be the first one to say "I love you" since I'm so traditional when it comes to the guy sweeping the girl off her feet.

What I'm asking is, guys, when did you find out? How did you start acting around her/treating her? And, how long did it take you to gather the courage to tell her? Did it just slip out or did you plan some sort of romantic occasion?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it just slips out when it feels right. I would say on average around 6 months but it totally depends on the relationship and the time you spend together.

When I 've wanted to tell someone I like most people don't want to say it and be rejected. So I have said other things first... "I really enjoy our time together." "you make me feel so happy." "I really care for you." It sounds cheesy but if you say it at appropriate times it can be more subtle. For example when you left each other for the summer say "I hope you have a great few weeks, I really think I amgoing to miss you lots." When you see him again after summer, tell him how much you missed him and how that made you realise how he is a good influence in your life. By doing this you are giving him a safe environment in which he can say he loves you and knows it'll be accepted.

Good luck

Most Helpful Girl

• It took me half a a year.

What Guys Said 1

• "I realized that I Iove him. I'm pretty terrified and I definitely don't want to be the first one to say "I love you" since I'm so traditional when it comes to the guy sweeping the girl off her feet. "

^but wot if he never says it? wouldn't it be better to say it first, to make him say it back?

otherwise i'm afraid u'll wait forever if he doesn't :/

• Well then I guess he doesn't really love me if he never says it. From what I gather if he loves me, he'll start doing things to gauge my reaction to affectionate things. I know that's what I've been doing.

• "Well then I guess he doesn't really love me if he never says it."

^keep in mind some guys r shy ;)

What Girls Said 1

• I knew I loved my boyfriend within a matter of weeks haha. I still can't describe what it was to cause me to feel things so soon. I told him first sort of. He could tell I felt that way and asked me if I loved him, to which I replied yes haha. It took him eh, maybe 2 or more months after I told him to tell me he loved me back.