If you tell your boyfriend or husband that you love him, all the time , does it lose meaning?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes if your actions aren't showing love or if you are saying it in a hope to hold on or make him love you. This is even more so if he isn't saying it back.

Try saying other things, compliment him in other ways, compliment his character, tell him how protected he makes you feel, or how much you feel relaxed in his company. Tlak to him and be open with him. If you are still worried just ask him at an innocent relaxed moment... "I read an article that said if you say I love you too much then it can become devalued, what do you think?"

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally think so since I have experienced it. Unless you have been dating for a long time or have been married I think its better to use it less so that you both understand that you don't need to say "I love you" because you should already know that the other person does by their actions. I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense, I also think that if you have been dating for a short time then yes it will definitely loose its meaning.

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 4

• No. At least if you really do love him then no. If you do love him and say it all the time amd the words just sound so plain, it's probably because you're just really used to the words and then they sound funny. Like when you say a word so many times it sounds abnormal. But if you start losing the love and it you feel a big shift in feelings with loss of attraction and boredom even, then it's a POSSIBILITY that you have lost your love for this person. Just a guess.

• Nope it never loses meaning. It's even better when you show it through action instead of words. :)

Though if you said it like every second of the day. Then that might get annoying after a point.

• If you only use it casually it can make it less meaningful like, just saying "bye love you".

• hell no it doesn't! a man's self worth is very attached to how his woman sees him. make him feel loved and wanted by saying it everyday!