Why do girls expect you to like the same things as them?

I am a man. I do not sit around reading Harry Potter or watching Twilight.

Girls get confused when you don't like their shit but their shit is GIRLY... what kind of man would listen to Taylor Swift or enjoy strawberry picking?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe they don't expect you to LIKE the same things as them, but they expect you to sometimes put the effort into seeing and doing things THEY enjoy. Sort of like if you're a football fan, you might expect your girlfriend, whether she likes football or not, to accompany you to a game...

Most Helpful Guy

• What's wrong with doing things she likes? The world doesn't revolve around you, you know.

What Girls Said 6

• If you don't like it don't do it, if your girlfriend asks you to do them then tell her what you just said, but there are men willing to do them (even if they don't like it) just to hangout with thier gfs and have fun with them, if they like them then double fun, if not then they will take the chance to make fun of it or try to make it look stupid to create a funny scene and have fun. There are men that like those things and that never made anyone less important or ridiculous as you think :)

• I have a fantasy of going strawberry picking and then disappearing together to eat them off each other and then have sex under a warm spring sky.

• Even I don't like Taylor Shi-- I mean Swift. But uh, I get what you mean. Just tell her you're not into that and hopefully she'll just deal.

• Why not harry potter, though? Harry Potter is amazing and for everybody!

• Also, i don't. Luckily for them, I have a lot of interests that are seen as more of a guy thing anyway xD but then again, I also have a lot of girly interests. It's a two way street

• I don't understand why anyone would want to spend 20+ years with someone they have nothing in common with.

• I'm not confused...

What Guys Said 5

• It's about compromise. You'll have to do the occasional thing you don't like to be with her and she may then watch the sport or an action movie with you! If you connect with someone then you'll have a good time no matter what you do and where you go.

• Uh you can enjoy any of those things it doesn't make you less of a man.

• Then turn gay and find a manly boyfriend. There problem solved.

• Toll post.

• strawberry is kickingis cool man. what kind of man doesn't like being connected with nature, gardening, going to the fields etc... ?