Tell him or no?

I am in love with one of my friends and I'm debating telling him or not. He has shown signs of interest and one of my friends told me has a crush on me but I'm still not sure if that's true. I care about him so much and I feel like I'm going to explode. I see him at least once a week so if he doesn't reciprocate it'll be awkward. If I tell him, how should I do it? Is texting the way to go or is face to face better? And should I just come out and say it or start off with small talk

Most Helpful Guy

• I have just recently had the same issue myself except I'm a guy so it's the opposite way, but anyway the answer to your question is face to face is ALWAYS the best option to take. If you can't seem to get them alone face to face then next option would be to talk over the phone. Texting/emailing is the last option. The message isn't ever taken the perfect way when you don't hear a voice and more importantly, the tone in the voice. Ya know what I mean? I hope you do. I did text and it didn't go as well as I was hoping it would. So learn from my experience. haha
    If you really need to you can text and ask him if you guys can meet up somewhere and then you can tell him. Just figure out how you can get him in person alone. You got this!

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him face to face. Start off with small talk and proceed on admitting it to him.

What Guys Said 5

• No do it face to face. I'm a firm believer in telling someone your feelings. The only downside is if they don't feel the same way. The upside is you'll know even if it doesn't go your way so you can get on with your life. If you do nothing the what ifs will kill you. Just tell him you need to talk to him alone and go from there. Good luck

• Hi, anonymous, if this is something that has been bothering you for a while and has your feelings have not diminished at all you should probably assume that they won't if you see him so frequently.

You will need to decide if losing his friendship is something you can handle should he not feel the same way. If he is a decent guy and a good friend though it wouldn't change the way he feels.

If you are sure you love this person, my advice is to go for it. Friends will come and go but true love is forever and much more fulfilling than any friendship ever could be. Sometimes you just have to put yourself out there if you ever hope to get what you desire out of life.

Most importantly, if you decide to tell him, you must do so in person! Consider asking him on a date and see where that goes to be safe, even if he likes you and wants a romantic relationship, love comes slower to some.

• In my opinion if you love someone go and tell him... it's very stupid to wait long time to declare that you love him and he will appreciate your courage

• Start with small talk and work your way up to it.

• Just tell him if he says he doesn't fell the same then you can't act super sad in front of him

• Yes you can. You can cry if you want to.

• You can but I'd you do it might guilt him into going out with you andon't then you'll be more hurt.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should be straightforward. Honestly, if he doesn't feel the same way about you, you can just brush it off. If you make it a big deal, then it'll be very very awkward. However, if you don't act differently, then things will be normal. If he does reciprocate your feelings, you can always thank him for his honesty and say you value him as a friend and don't want to loose his friendship