Just Turned 18 and going into my senior year of HS... but what about dating?

I just realized that a lot and I mean A LOT of my friends are still 17 AND 16... I know that 18 year olds can't date anyone under 18 since it's against the law. Apparently, I look really young and I've been told I look 15 which doesn't help in the dating apartment when you're trying to date people around 18 and 19 yr olds because they dont feel comfortable with how young I look... So far, guys who are 16 (I honestly thought they were in my grade) have been the ones who usually go up to me. What do you guys think? It hasn't really hit me how eveything is different now because of my age and a friend of mine who is older than us (has been 18 for half a year now) says that's why she doesn't date in high school because she won't feel comfortable...

Most Helpful Guy

• Nobody cares. Just do whatever you want. I don't think people understand that those laws only matter if you had like non-consensual activities with a minor.

• Yeah I guess so :) thank you

What Guys Said 3

• I dont think a cop is going to take you to jail for dating a guy thats 17 in the same school as your in lmao

• Im probably sounding paranoid. My friend brought it up one night and my family said that is really weird if I would ever date anyone under 18 like what do they expect? Hahah thanks for the feedback

• Glad I'm not alone 😊 i like to keep it a secret because people act really surprise. I have to hear them say "OMGGG REALLY you look 15 though HAHAH weird you're older than me" and so onnnn.. trust me they manage to bring it up evey single day. So it's totally okay for me to date just not have sex

• Yes you hit the nail on the head, no sex but ok to date

• It isn't against the law to date someone younger than 18. It's against the law to have sex or contributing to the dilenquency of a minor

• Oh okay thanks a lot 😊

• I hope its not against the law haha

What Girls Said 1

• 18 year old's can so date people under 18. My boyfriend is 18 and I am 17.