I feel like I am talking to too many girls from online dating sites?

I recently started using online dating sites, and I wasn't expecting that I was going to be matching with as many girls as I have. I have never had much luck with girls in the past, but I pursued multiple girls just because I didn't know what would stick and that's kind of how online dating works. I am talking to 5 girls at the moment and it's honestly kind of stressful, granted I have no idea how many, if any will pan out but I accidentally got in way over my head. I would send messages to girls I matched with and a lot more responded than I anticipated.

Anyway, is this common? I am very new to all of this and I feel weird, especially since this really wasn't my intention at all. What are your thoughts on dating/talking to multiple people at once? Right now I am on the talking level with all of them, no dates or anything like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep your options open until you've actually met them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in similar situations in the past. Five women is serious business, and you should be careful. I'd keep talking to each of them, and see which conversation (s) really seem to go the distance. Get past the small talk and start finding out what you have in common with each of them. Who can you actually connect with through the messaging? Be patient with it. I think that over time, one or two may stand out, and you'll want to pursue them. A relationship has to be built on a foundation of friendship, and you need to develop that before thinking about romance.

There may be a point where you find yourself extra excited when you get a message from one of them. Pursue her, and keep the others as friends. Just don't burn any bridges. Even after meeting, it may not pan out, and you'll probably want to go back to one of those other women.

What Girls Said 1

• In my experience many of them just want to talk (men) and it never pans out to more than meeting then. But honestly if you are talking to too many just look at who you are more interested in and focus on them

What Guys Said 2

• Talking to five sounds reasonable, dating that many would be a struggle. It's cool to be going out with two or more so long as there isn't an expectation of exclusivity from someone.

• You mean women online actually talk to you? I can never get them to even acknowledge my messages. A simple "Hello, how are you" is totally ignored.

Not sure why so many are so rude.