Why do young men in their 20's try to date me?

I'm close to 50 years old, yet, these college guys flirt with me. Why is this? I won't date a man that young, even if I wasn't married. Do these young men have self-control?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because men in their 20's lack self-control (as you hinted at) and are extremely horny (we're at our sexual peak.)

We've realized women our age are prudes and need to go after the women with a higher sex drive.

• You're getting consecutive MHO's from the same anon 45+ female. o_o

What Guys Said 8

• Because they think you are a cougar, or an easy target. Quite sad they think that way, but I suppose others in your positition have done what they asked.

• How insulting. Men lack self control because they want to get together with an older woman? You say you're 50 but you sound like you're 13.

• Whatever you do for a living, are you in a position of higher power?

• They just want an easy root. That's pretty much it.

• of course. itr's a great insult and dishonour to be seen as physically attractive... i presume they mean well.

• I've had the same with older women thinking they can get with this. like no, go knit your grandson a sweater.

• I'm guessing you look younger than your age and they find you attractive.
    Also some guys think they have much to learn sexually from older women.

• No one even questions it when younger women go for older guys, I don't see why this has to be a big deal.

• They think your a cougar

What Girls Said 2

• Young men want to date you for the same reason...

Much older men try to date younger women.

They find you attractive.
    They like that you have more experience.
    You might be attractive for your age (they might think you are several years younger).

These men have self control (yes).
    Different people are into different things.
    Just because you aren't doesn't mean that they haven't found older women that are.

I guess people never truly know unless they take a chance.
    That is why they try to take one with you.

Just let them know you're more into men your age-range.

• Take it as a compliment. I think a lot of younger guys are realizing that older women have a lot to offer. I'm personally glad that they don't look at older women as too old or unattractive just because we reach a certain age. Just act like you would with an older man that approached you and tell them you are flattered... but married.